What's new

24 - Season 5 ongoing thread (2 Viewers)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It is kinda hard to pick a favorite season. The fifth is probably my favorite right now but it is pretty fresh. I really liked S3 as well. It felt the most real and edge of your seat suspense with plenty of WTF moments. S4 was great as well. I have the hardest time remembering what happened in S1, time to rewatch that one. The ending was absolutely great though. S2 felt like the weakest, but I've went out on that in other threads. It is mostly because of that actress/love intrest that thankfully was dropped for S3. She was just horrible and is just as bad in Windfall now. Exact same expression on her face when she won the lottery as when Jack tortured someone infront of her.

Can't wait to see what happens to Jack in S6. It is going to be a long long wait for January.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
jason,
did you watch the bonus disc7 for s2? if not, you should, in one of the making of's the actress that plays kate warner was joking about the same # of "facial expressions" she has for th role. unfortunately, it wasn't that much of a joke... having scene. perhaps a director/producer made her act that way?

january is merely 5 months away, it's fairly quick and painless.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
No I don't recall that being mentioned in the extras, but I didn't watch too many of them as I was in a 24 season marathon watching all 4 seasons for the first time before S5 hit. I call hogwash on it anyway though since like I mentioned, she is doing the exact same thing in the new series Windfall. She's just a bad actress...in my eyes. :)

edit: These smilies have more range than she does. :frowning: :D ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Every once in a while I would catch an S1 ep on the tube, and I am always shocked at how much slower it was. Not the wall to wall action you find in most of the latter seasons.

--
H

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I watched seasons 1-4 in about a 3 month span at the end of last year, then watched season 5 as it aired, so most of it is pretty fresh in my mind. I would rank the seasons:

1) Season 1
2) Season 2
3) Season 3
4) Season 4
5) Season 5

Makes me wonder how I'd rank them if I saw them in a different order...;)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Season 2 is generally my favorite overall- great raising of the stakes and Jack was still "new" enough that the lengths he would go to would still surprise.

Season 3 has it's ups and downs but the final third of it is the best that 24 has ever been.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Perhaps it was a bit slower, but I thought the tension was much higher, which to me is preferable to "non-stop action".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you are probably right. I will freely admit that the "newness factor" plays into it, but I doubt any season will ever top the rush of S1 (which we watched over one weekend, basically only stopping for bodily functions :D ).

I could be wrong, but I think the split screen was more prominent and more judiciously used in S1.

--
H

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's worth noting that Season 1 was predominately directed by Stephen Hopkins, who may not be great but was better than John Cassar, who has been the main director for the next four seasons. You could really tell that those Hopkins episodes were a step up from the others, and the split-screens were probably his idea, so he might have a better instinctive feel for how to use them.

I'm really not a fan of Cassar as main director, though - the occasional Bryan Spicer episodes always feel much tighter an more suspenseful than Cassar's these days.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
have you guys been watching the news? =).

talk about "24" in real life =). perhaps a real-life jack bauer saved the day somewhere and we didn't even know about it =).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
News of returning characters and the new bad guy. As of now, it's the second story listed: http://community.tvguide.com/forum.j...umID=700000049
Also cut and pasted below:
24 Exclusive: Look Who's Returning!
Just got off the phone with my 24 mole and he/she informs me that Eric Balfour has signed on to reprise his Season 1 role as independent CTU contractor Milo Pressman. My spy wouldn't say how Milo would be re-introduced, but he'll be sticking around for a while: Balfour will be credited as a series regular. (If you need a refresher on who Milo is, click here.)

In other 24 news, former Star Trek: Deep Space Nine doc Alexander Siddig is joining the cast as one of the evildoers behind the big Season 6 plot. Additionally, Carlo Rota (aka Mr. Chloe O'Brian) will be back as a series regular.
Seeing one of those characters return is the greatest 24 news I've ever read! :)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
just got to where they off chapelle in s3, that was incredible =). he doesn't have any friends lol =).

most of the blow-up/helicopter/charge&takeover situations are just awesome.

PS kim is so damned annoying. i dunno if people commented on that but s1 was OK as the teen angst daughter gets to "come home" story (prodigal son theme). s2 she was fighting with... cougars and a babysitting job gone awry, that's so stupid compared to the "A" story. s3 she gets to... BABYSIT again! i really want to see her die just so the show can move forward, kim's storyline just slows everything down.

PPS s3's bio terror threat is topical, it isn't as realistic as they've done in the past.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
He was also good in Kingdom of Heaven. Strangely, in both that and Syriana, he played a sympathetic Arab prince named Nasir. One character descended from the other, perhaps. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks