What's new

'24' on WGN? (1 Viewer)

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
I was out of the room earlier this morning when I heard Jack Bauer's voice, then I realized it was a commercial on WGN, advertising itself ("the superstation") as "the new home of 24".

Anybody know the scoop? Has the show been syndicated already? I thought 100 eps (or 5 full broadcast seasons, whichever qualifies) was the golden threshold for syndication? This one is just short of the 100-ep mark (at 96), and only 4 seasons...albeit LONG seasons (by current 20-22 ep standards; 12 or 13 for some cable shows).

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
While searching for information about this, I ran across the Wikipedia page for the show...some pretty interesting stuff there. (Spoilers abound; also, plotline and cast info for S5...all of which has already been published elsewhere...but I know some people try to avoid such news items.)

http://tinyurl.com/atn8c

A couple of trivia items there which I didn't know...the sylviaimports.com website, the injuries...I knew the rest.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I had heard it was going to A&E in the fall too. On either channel, it'll probably air once a week so it'll take nearly two years to show all four seasons at that rate. And by that time, they'll be past the five season mark.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
24 is entering syndication October 1st, so expect then to be around the time when WGN begins airing it. A&E will start airing the show in January, IIRC. They'll probably air it 5 days a week. WGN and local stations that pick it up will be airing it once a week.

Hour-long dramas usually don't have the same syndication "rules" as 30 minute shows do because most hour-long shows only air 1 or 2 episodes a week in syndication, so stations don't go through the run nearly as fast as a 5-day-a-week sitcom. Having said that, Bernie Mac Show is entering 5-day-a-week syndication next month with 82 episodes thru it's most recent season (according to epguides.com), so the syndication "minimum" of 100 episodes is just a suggested # of eps before a show hits syndication.

And that's your syndication tutorial for today. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
TNT was running 5 episodes a NIGHT, at least 4 nights a week, of X-Files as of last week. I think they have a cycle and now its doing that with NYPD Blue. I could be completely wrong, but I remember watching a LOT of X-Files in the last two months.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yeah, but any local station doing a "double" run is going to be showing the same episode twice. FOX is only offering 1 episode per weekend, but allowing the stations to air it more than once.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
The "MYSTERY" channel has already been running episodes for at least a little while on my satellite system. But this means that more and more people will discover Jack Bauer and CTU L.A., always a good thing! GO JACK GO!! looking forward to season 5!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks