What's new

24: Day 3 - 1/13/03 - Hour 10 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10:00 p.m. to 11:00

Tonight we get some plot movement as Cloud-dee-ah busts out Chase, but gets zinged by Hector's spray of bullets in their getaway. Jack is busy convincing Nina that he's a different man, looking only for himself, trying to sell Nina on wanting more than CTU can provide him. Wade tries to get Alan's wife to fix things between Alan and David, but fails in spectacular fashion *zzzzzz*. David takes matters in his own hands be recruiting Sherry to do his dirty work.

So what's Jack's body count up to now? He blasted at least 3 baddies this hour.

I was actually enjoying Chase's torture scene because that's what you get for being thick and hardheaded.

Maybe the baby's Tony's. :) Who would have thought Zooey in a knocking-boots situation.

Next episode is in 2 weeks due to the Presidential State of the Union address.

Please use the other "24" thread for gripes and other observations if you want. Keep the discussion of the episode here. Thanks.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Random Thoughts-

He took the pills from the Salazars last week, and it's probably tiding him over...

Rather enjoyed the light comedy between Chloe and Chappelle this week:

-"They don't have a rule for it because it's COMMON SENSE!"-Ryan Chappelle

Ramon has become really interesting, as he is risking his life to accompany Jack. Here's betting Ramon may actually sacrifice himself to save Jack...

Milligan and Wife could prove to be interesting because they tie into the unscrupulous backers of Palmer from season one (the ones who framed his son)...

So now Nina kills her last surviving stooge to protect Jack and hints at disappearing with him, together. Gotta love Nina's Dr. Evil-like tendency in doing this work for a paltry $2 million...

Claudia bravely gives her life so that Chase can escape to freedom. Here's to you baby...

Tony handled the situation with Kim like a man but was a bit too hard on Michelle. Though she doesn't help her own case any with her ice-cold demeanor(wasn't it possible for her to just say "I was worried about you because I love you"??)...

And while we're at it, how many times has Kim left her work station in the last few hours? 2, 3 times maybe?? It's pretty obvious Kim is having her role marginalized to please fans of the show...

Finally, Re: Quality Of Show

I can't believe it. Best episode of the season and people are complaining. What this season represents is the third part of a TRILOGY. No one complains when all the characters show up in each Lord Of The Rings film, yet it upsets people to see Nina and Sherry back on the show. What people don't understand is that these characters represent UNFINISHED BUSINESS, Nina in particular, as we find out from Chappelle tonight that she was supposed to be living in North Africa after her pardon. I thought it was great tonight, one twist and turn after another.

Point simply being, when and if Nina winds up being stone dead, THEN we can bring in some new villains.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I agree with most of Ric's observations.

I was particularly noticing that Ramon seemed to have developed some new trust for Jack, which would be very surprising. Hector has always looked mean and stupid.

Chloe is hilarious, can she pout in twisted way, or what?

:D

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, for a super-high-tension, "real-time" show, that was the oddest bit of comedy relief.

Do the DVDs have commentary? Or maybe some sort of on-screen indication that they pulled a particular plot development out of their ass? :)

That was a neat way (as in nice-and-) to resolve the Claudia character (although the plot line will likely live on). Unbeknownst to Jack, he's got the all-clear with Nina.

I was half-expecting someone else to be in the room with Sherry. Where's Mandy? (Mia Kirshner will be on Craig Kilborn Thursday night, although I'm guessing she's promoting her new series, "The L Word")

//Ken

Sean Cauley

Stunt Coordinator
Ric, I would say it's apples-and-oranges to compare 24 and Lord of the Rings (or, for that matter, most "trilogies" and Lord of the Rings, since LOTR was written as one long work and, say, the Indiana Jones "trilogy" is three films written one at a time). The creators of the show weren't setting up third-season resolution with the actions of characters in the first season (second season, maybe), because there was no certainty that the show would last that long.

In fact, Nina-as-mole wasn't even an official plot development until very late in the first season. If I recall correctly, the creators didn't have much figured out beyond the thirteenth episode (Jack rescuing Teri and Kim from Ira Gaines's compound), because they didn't know going in that they would get the full 24 weeks that season.

So I think the returns of Nina and Sherry are, to a large extent, meant to crowd-please (the Fox promo monkeys even referred to Sherry as "America's Favorite Villainess"). That's not to say they're automatically bad stunts; I think the inclusion of these characters could turn out very interesting, if handled right. Lord knows the President Palmer storyline could use some juicing-up.

I much preferred this episode to last week's; there was more substance given to the Nina twist (I liked all the freakouts at CTU over whether to tell Kim Nina was involved), and the Claudia/Chase part of the story was very suspenseful. And even though the baby subplot is ludicrous, I love comic-relief scenes with Chloe being such an asshole to everybody (especially when she's paired with Chappelle, who's been an asshole since the show began).

Brent Bridgeman

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Bridgeman
Gotta say I wasn't sorry to see a bullet find Claudia's noggin. Those lips were just distracting. Yuck.

I've got to wonder, is the President's storyline going to somehow merge with the virus storyline? If not, DUMP IT! Those scenes with David and his brother were just excruciatingly boring this week.
"I'll resign"
"Not until I say you will"
"I'll get help"
"Hmmmm..."
"She won't help, I should resign"
"Not until I say you will, I'll get someone ELSE to help.."
Plot advancement?

I love this show, but they are really testing my patience this year.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Jack has just told Ramon, "I'm trained for this."
Moments later he gets within arms reach of Nina (who among many other things has killed a man with a playing card) and he turns his back on her?!?!?

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
And BTW, is Hector the most gullible fellow on the planet or what?? Give me ten minutes with him and I could have him jumping thru hoops...:D

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

You know it will. I'm betting they are going to somehow find out the baby has been carrying the virus all along and that the baby is also the love child of Chloe and the mountain lion from S2.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I knew someone would find a way to tie the poor lion and Chloe's demon spawn together. :D

I think the producers missed a chance at a great joke. When Chloe mentioned her sitter's "unprofessional behavior", they should have had Chapelle say "Chloe, you're the poster child for unprofessional behavior".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the baby will experience growth like soap opera babies, where they age 10 years over a summer, so by the end of this season (day), the baby will be walking and potty-trained.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking that if they bring an actor back who played someone that was killed in an earlier series, and make it the good/evil twin, this will be a soap opera. So perhaps the baby should grow quick, and definitely be involved in season 4. Then it could be an intern at CTU and Kim could be its mentor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks