What's new

24 3/05/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Being a father myself...I can understand why he did not tell his son...
One, the boy would possibly have beenout of control regards talking to the police..simply to prove he is innocent. Kids can be so...ummm..impulsive. And along that line..perhaps he thought if Keith felt so closed in...with no escape he may try suicide.
I think the good Senator did the right thing. PLUS...can create havoc later in the series!!!! ;)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Eric - Yeah, that really bugged me too. Both Palmer and his wife would only tell Keith "Trust us. It's for your own good," but wouldn't tell him "If you go to the police they'll try to pin the murder on you." What's up with that? I really don't see why they'd do that. Isn't Keith an adult now? Isn't he old enough to hear more than "Because I say so...that's why!" :rolleyes:
Other than that, really good show! :D

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Who is the person who saw Teri and Kim leave the hospital. Also, who were the two people who were kissing at the end of the episode.
I think the guy watching them leave the hospital was the fake FBI guy that Nina saw in the hospital room, and who "professionally" removed all fingerprints from the phone he was using. He was calling somebody to give them an update, maybe chief bad guy (Gaine's boss)?

The two people getting busy at the end of the episode were a Palmer staffer and the new assassin who took out "The Sentinel" (Carroll) -- at least that's who I think it was.

I think the Palmer staffer is probably an innocent dupe and not part of the conspiricy. They said one of the plan B people had been in the US for awhile coming in through Florida. They introduced us to him at the same time they mentioned a backup assassin was due in but I think this guy who took out the Sentinel has been around for awhile and has had time enough to wangle a connection with a Palmer staffer. She'll probably be expendable. And I thought the guy looking through the window watching Teri and Kim actually looked like one of the 2 supposedly "good" FBI agents, the one Nina had turn around but was not the one she saw in the hospital room. This show gets better every episode but when you stop and think how much has happened in the past 13 hours it makes the head spin.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
The staffer left a bag she told someone else to get to the Senator's wife. Could it contain a bomb? Maybe some sort of tracking device? She may be an innocent dupe, but me thinks she just screwed the Senator and his family.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I think that chick is in and knows it..not a foil for the new hit man. I wondered about the pregnancy test kit given to Bauer's wife.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Obviously everyone is foregoing spoiler tags, so...

My thoughts:

First of all, great series - great episode...

I too was wondering about the bag that the Palmer staffer sent along with the Senator's family. She seems to be on the "inside."

I think something that Jack said in his debriefing may end up hurting Nina down the line. He yelled that Alberta had only been there for "fours hours" during an outburst. How did he know exactly how long she'd been there unless he was in contact with someone the whole time? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though...

Jack's wife is going to be pregnant, but lose the baby on account of the rape. Cue an even angrier Jack thirsting for revenge.

Nina doesn't seem like she has field experience, but her ability to sense danger is amazing. When she spied the faux-FBI agent watching through the swinging doors - wow, nice pick-up.

As for the coming attractions for next week:

Can't wait to see the Senator lay into Jack only to have Jack throw it back into his face. He saved his life, after all. I also believe that Palmer will be the key to Jack going back into the field. Also, there's going to be an interesting conversation between Jack's wife and Nina - about his cheating. That ought to be interesting. Finally, what's up with bringing Rick back into the mix? I was hoping they dumped him from the show - not really sure where they're going with that one.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
If I am not mistaken..the 2 women know about each other and their places in Jack's life. That was established in episodes one and two.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
if the debriefer really wanted to crucify Jack, he could have, but i guess the show didn't want to go this way. He didn't really need Tony to dissaprove anything, only to get Tony to tell the truth of events, and how Jack broke regulations. Jack lied through his teeth about not contacting CTU headquarters and it'd be pretty easy to proove. nod did this rule breaking compromise the Senator's life? Jack said it didn't but that remains to be seen (and it wouldn't be the point, from CTU's perspective).

also, how bad is Palmer's wife going to be in all this? is she just the cliched power hungry politician wife she's being made out to be, or more?

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
Only thing that has irritated me about these last two episodes is the slight feeling that they are repeating the first half of the season. I really disliked the phone conversation between Jack and Nina about the second mole...

"You don't think there could be two people on the inside, do you?"

"Oh yeah, I suspected that the whole time!"

Just sounded too much like they were trying to stretch the same plotlines.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The 2 women knew about eachother. That's why Jack was originally out of the house at the beginning of the series (he cheated on his wife and she kicked him out) and had just recently come back.

I doubt there's something in the pregnancy test in the bag.

Why do we use spoiler tags in a thread about and episode we all saw? If this were a general discussion thread, I could understand it, but we're all talking about something that we should have seen, unless we're just finding out about this show, then we would want to know what already happened anyway.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Thanks, Glenn. Scooter and Morgan, that's what I was saying. Yes Teri was aware of Jack's affair, but from the previews of next week's episode, she obviously didn't know (for sure) who it was.

Anyway, looking forward to next week already.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
It wasn't quite an affair..it happened in the midst of their seperation. And ended because Jack and his wife reconciled. In fact..the daughter resented her mom a LOT in that first episode, blaming her for the seperation. That made the things Teri sacrificed to protect her daughter all the more important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks