What's new

24 - 03/26/02 Scooter? (1 Viewer)

davepr

Stunt Coordinator
Just my opinion... but after show 13, It seems '24' is heading in the wrong direct. Its almost like for first 13 episodes they had a fairly tight story line. Now it seems they are making it up as they go and the show is developing a soap opera feel to it. I am committed to the end, but I am beginning to look for the end.

Dave

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
I first thought that Elizabeth was going to some how thow the tracking divise away or distroy it, but not atempt to kill the terrorist.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i thought the girl stabbed him with a letter opener, not a knife. i didn't look too closely though.

anyways, why would the daughter look for her mom while walking right at the side of the road when the killer could be driving around anywhere?!?!? just wondering.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Agreeing last night's episode was too soapy. And too Twin Peaks, as well (because of the cafe). Different writer, perhaps?

Also agree the mysogynist trend was absolutely off the chart for this episode. Did I spell mysogynist right? I mean women-hating. The idea that Terry had an affair too (apparently) was like an argument in which one person shouts "Don't complain about me! You conveniently forget to mention all the evil you did!".

If Nina ever gets killed, the show will have completely erased any hope at being nice to women.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Buying into the show's theme of "women-are-stupid-and/or-evil" for a moment, Jack should have married Nina and had an intelligent daughter! Now I am actually hoping that Kim gets killed!

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
All I want is one central female character who is the equivalent of Jack Bauer - can Sydney Bristow put in a guest appearance on the show?
We can dream! :)
What does CTU stand for? Completely Terrible Unit? I can not imagine a more incompetent agency of any sort.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
About the weapon used in stabbing the terrorist...

Why would a knife just be sitting there? If its a letter opener, it sounds more probable, but a knife wouldn't make sense...

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
CTU: Corrupt and TOTALLY Useless

If I were Palmer I'd be terrified that CTU was going to get me and my family killed horribly. I'd definitely take my chances and just use Secret Service. Hell, I'd rather hire 10 rent-a-cops from the local mall. His chances would be WAY better.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Who was the girl who picked Teri up? She looked awfully familiar.
Her name is Link Removed. She was on an episode of "Philly" earlier this year as a stripper. I guess I have to admit that her character on 24 wasn't too negative, unless I feel like being picky and point out that she picked up a stranger covered in blood on a remote road. :)
Brad

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I think the show has been slowly declining since Episode 13, but I'm still watching every week and hoping they'll come back with a slam-bang finish-Dennis Hopper still hasn't appeared yet. By the way, wasn't Rick beat up and shot a couple of hours ago? Did the writers forget about that like they forgot about the dead girl in the hospital and Jamey's ringing cell phone?

Al Rebchook

Agent
2) the shock-induced amnesia (I know it's possible, but it's one of the most mocked plot devices from daytime soap operas)
It really isn't possible. She could have lost memory of the immediate events around the trauma, but not of everything that's happened in her life.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
I hope this clears some things up:

The "slut" stabbing what's-his-name was totally out of left field and everyone watching it with me cried "bad writing"

The daughter should have died in the car explosion.

The senator, who in my opinion, is a complete ass, obnoxiously says to Jack Bauer (who is trying to protect him) "I'm holding you personally responsible if anything goes wrong" - I think I would let him die.

Bottom line - I started this episode thinking that 24 is the best show I've seen on network television. I left the show doubting my previous judgement. But, there's always next week.

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
"Go out and Buy "Dude, Where's My Car? the funniest MOST UNAPRECIATED comedy I can think of"

Right on Ryan! Glad someone else appreciates this most excellent comedy (assuming you are serious).

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Expectations may be high because the first half of the season was so riveting. Maybe the show should have been called 13. My big complaints are pretty much the same as everyone elses. The amnesia plot device is tired and Kim has got to put on her thinkin' cap... and that top from the first 13!

-Ric

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
The show has taken a giant turn for the worse ever since Jack and the senator met up, and the wife and kid arrived at the safe house. Why not just ignore a few subplots for a while and concentrate on Jack organizing his counter scheme?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks