What's new

21st birthday celebration stories thread. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
On my 21st birthday my cousin and friend brought me to a strip joint. That was fun. It's an experience that I'll never forget. Then a couple day later my cousin and I went to a bar for my first drink. I ended up drinking 10 shots of kamakazees and 5 beers. This was the first time I ever drank. I was trying to play pool, but I was so gone I kept missing the cue ball. Then I fell asleep leaning on a cigarette machine. My cousin had to wake me up to pay for the round of drinks we ordered(I payed every other round). It feels weird that I'm able to go to strip joints and bars, and am able to buy alkcohol now, even though it's been a year and a half since I turned 21..

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
You had to pay for alcohol on your 21st? Thats a shame! I didn't do a whole lot for mine; I drank like a sailor from about 18-20 years old, so there wasn't a whole lot of newness in it.

I think I had a beer with dinner, and that was it. Now other peoples 21st, I've been the guy that keeps buying the oversize shots of really bad tequila. That was back when I had a convertible, so people getting sick on the way home wasn't as much of a problem.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
On my 21st birthday I was stationed in Saudi Arabia during Desert Shield, then eventually Desert Storm. One of my Marines had opened a canteen a few days before that had lemonade or something similar in it for quite some time.... deal was, it smelled like whiskey. One thing led to another and we wound up drinking it on my birthday. And it was for all intents and purposes, whiskey.....in the sense that it made us lightheaded and we got sick.

At least we never dropped to the level of one of my Marines who kept asking me if rubbing alcohol would get him drunk.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I've found out I can drink alot after I turned 21. I've drank 5ths of tequila, whiskey, and vodka. I can also mix beer, malt liquors, and hard stuff without barfing. I've even had 7 maitais at one time, which I believe contains 4 shots of alcohol.

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
I wish I remembered my 21st birthday celebration... I really do....
Maybe I'll remember my 25th coming up in April.... well... probably not... stupid beer!--Oh, I'm sorry beer, I didn't mean it! Honest! Can you forgive me, beer? I'll never yell at you again...
;)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I turned 21 just a couple of weeks ago, on the eighth. My parents took me out for Chinese food, yum! My birthday was on a Friday, and it was just before Mardi Gras so I had a really good time that whole weekend.

The next day, in fact, I had my first beer. Geez, that stuff is gross! Why the heck do people drink that stuff? Does anyone actually like the way it tastes?

StephenA

Screenwriter
Not all beer tastes the same. Depends on the brand. It can be smoothe, bitter, sweet, and a bunch of other stuff.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Well I turn 21 in less than a month...I have no idea what I'm going to do that night...but I'm sure my buddies have something planned! Can't wait!

Brandon Smith

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I went out with girlfriends to a local club for my 21st birthday and had a pretty good time (while I was there) I got a new green dress (I'm a St.Patty's day birthday girl) and all was grand, I even got balloons at the club and free drinks all night, but...I used to date a psychopath and when I got home he was so mad that I had such a good time that he popped my balloons and called me a drunk amoungst other things. So basically my 21st birthday sucked....only for a few moments though because I passed out shortly after the popping of the balloons.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
My 21st birthday landed on a Tuesday, which sucks if you want to go out and get hammered. Rather than enjoy a full-blown celebration, several of my dormmates agreed to take me to the bar at midnight so that I could at least have a few drinks. If I remember correctly, I had a shot of Jagermeister, a Stop Light, and a bottle of beer in about an hour. Let's just say I was feeling pretty good when I came back to the dorms. I did not go class the next day however. :)
Yet, that wasn't the most interesting part of my day. That afternoon, Jake, one of the guys who took me to the bar asked me if I could help him out. He had recently just purchased a new $1,000 digital camcorder and he wanted to use it to film a little rap video starring him, his roommate Tyler, and Tyler's girlfriend. He specifically wanted me to film the video for him. A little puzzled, I agreed and drove out to an out-of-the-way country road with him and several other people. Only then did I discover what he had in mind.
Apparently, he wanted to get some shots of him and Tyler in the back of Tyler's pickup truck as it drove down the road with them lipsynching to the song. In order to get the right angle for the shot, he couldn't just have me sitting inside of his Jeep as it drove down the road. Oh no. I had to sit on top of it. Why me? Because at 140 lbs. I am the only guy who could actually sit on the car's roof without having it cave it or dent.
So, here I am, having just recovered from my trip to the bar, sitting on top of a moving vehicle while trying to film a rap video with a $1,000 digital camcorder. No pressure, right? Fortunately, I was able to maintain my sense of balance and get the shots he wanted. I should point out that we drove no faster than 20mph. Not that this information makes what we did any less dangerous, but I thought I'd throw that is so that you all can see that my safety was at least briefly taken into consideration.

You people don't know how lucky you are. I spent my 21st

birthday on a train going to Fort Knox for basic training. My 22nd was in a bunker at the 1st Division base camp in Phu

Loi Viet Nam.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I had spent the previous 4 days at a great convention. I got off the plane at home, turned 21 and found a bar in the airport. I got jakked big time but it was great fun to watch the clock, go 3-2-1 and scream "I'M 21 NOW! BOOZE ME!"

(of course, it didn't stop me from drinking those previous few days, but I digress)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
My 21st birthday...I went to bed at 10:00 PM so I could get up for work the next day. It was on a Monday. Damn am I lame?!:frowning:

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I had an interesting time on my 21st. I used to be a full blown alcoholic so I was able to drink a ton. A few of my friends took me out on my 21st and I ended up drinking a 12 pack of Heineken and about 20-25 shots of Rumpleminz (sp?). At one point I had 10 shots lined up on the bar and I took everyone right down the line (pretty stupid, huh!)
After I threw up all over, behind the bar, I almost went to the hospital. I have never in my life felt like I was going to die from alcohol, but I had a lot of booze and Rumpleminz is 100 proof alcohol. I alsmost wanted to have my stomach pumped, but instead I went home. My brother was driving my blazer and when we pulled up to my house, I thought we were parked and I got out of my Blazer. Little did I know, we were actually a few houses away and we were going about 25 MPH. The last thing I remember was my head hitting the pavement. I woke up about 12 hours later and I had a hang over for 2 days. I never have felt any worst than that.
So, to sum up this story....... I had a blast on my 21st. :D
-Dean-

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Oh, I forgot to add, to this day I still cannot eat Hooters wings. They are not very good when coming up with skunky bear and strong liquor.

-Dean-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I turned 21 on the 10th of Feb. which was on a Sunday. The only place that servered liquor on that day is the sleezy bowling alley, so that were I went and proceeded to drink a ton and bowl my worst game ever. Then the following friday night I went to my first strip club....

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
My 21st was fairly uneventful. There was a bar in town I'd wanted to go to for a long time (The Underground, since closed, but at the time a really good alternative/industrial bar), so I headed out there. Unfortunately, about 2 months before I turned 21, though, there'd been a fight at the Underground that ended with one of the people getting stabbed in the neck and killed. It was a one-time thing, the bar wasn't normally a problem place, but...by the time I turned 21 and got to go, attendance had plummeted. I think I was there with about 8 other people, including all the staff (of course, it was a Tuesday or Wednesday night, but still...). I did get a free duck fart from the bartender, though.
Then went home and had a fight with my girlfriend. Hm.
Ah, well. That was years ago.
As for beer, and how to people drink it - ya got me! Never been able to stand the stuff, myself, much as my friends try to convince me otherwise. An acquired taste, they keep telling me...but I can't force myself to drink enough to acquire the taste (or figure out why one would want to acquire the taste at all...but I digress...). On the bright side, though, I'm friends with enough beer snobs that I actually felt ashamed when I found a case of Bud Light in my fridge after a party one time...:laugh:

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I turned 21 (6 years ago? yowch!), in October, right around mid-term exams. My b'day fell on a Friday, and that Thursday I had 3 exams, and a major paper due on Friday. I managed to finish them all up in time to go out.
And boy did we go out. Thursday nights at UNH (New Hampshire) are CRAZY! There are a bunch of bars down on main street, but before we even went out I had a 6-er of Fosters in my belly. Walking down to the bars, everybody was cheering (apparently I had some distinguishing mark on my hat that tipped people off). We ended up at Benjamins (for those of you who know Durham, NH) and I wasn't even carded :thumbsdown: The bouncer just said 'you come in here half lit with 10 friends all cheering and "Birthday Boy" on your hat, and you think I'm gonna card you?!?'
Many drinks later (mixed, beers, shots, ugh...) and I remember talking about the molecular basis for drunkenness with a friend from my biochemistry class, and in mid sentence passing out in the bar.
I awoke in my best friend's apartment with the party continuing, and a Bass Ale being poured down my throat.
It was a good day :) (Ah, college)
Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks