What's new

20th Fox Five Star Collections - any more? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I have nearly all of the Fox Five Star Collections and wonder if they plan any more? If not, why? Seems The French Connection was the last one I saw released.

I'm a big fan of extras and they were packed full with nice tranfers to boot.

Eric

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The answer to your question is no. Evidently, Fox's marketing data didn't support continuing such releases.

Crawdaddy

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Sweet and simple but doesn't tell me why they stopped or if they are planning another similar sweep of films in 2-disc collector's sets?

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I don't think there was much reasoning. I remember they said they have "discontinued" the 5-star line.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I recall seeing some kind of explanation for the discontinuation of the 5-Star line in an old Fox HTF chat. Perhaps in 2003. Look through the old chat transcripts. Doesn't really matter though the series has just been renamed as "Collector's Edition" with different packaging (Digipak now as opposed to the double Amaray)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
That's too bad. Maybe it was still a time when DVDs were relatively new and these iridescent silver 2-disc special editions seemed "special" to own and show off. Sort of like the current Paramount treatments of the older Star Trek movies. Like having a platinum card over a gold card :)

Also, special packaging is one thing but when they are made of cardboard which is easily damaged and degrades over years, I would rather have a keep case with limited edition art work and contents.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks