What's new

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (1 Viewer)

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if any of you own this car, and if you like it as much as all the reviews indicate we should. Also, how's the car holding up in overall durability, and also, have you had any specific problems with it, anything breaking down after way too few miles? Let me know! I'm seriously considering this car, and I have a test drive scheduled, but I wanted to hear some input from people who've already had one for a little while.

-Matt C

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hey Matt, do a search, perhaps on WRX in this forum, there's about 2/3 long threads on the WRX in this forum...check em out! :)
Jay

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks Jay, I did a quick search earlier, but didn't find anything right away. I'll try a few other search strings though.

-Matt C

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I started one of the threads Jay mentioned (do a search) asking for input on the car just like you are doing now. I ended up buying one (5-spd Sedan, WR Blue) and I absolutley love the car. I've only had it since the end of December and still have under 1700 miles on it, but so far no problems with it at all.
If anything the car is more fun to drive than the reviews indicate :D The more I drive it, the more I like it, this is not a car that induces 'buyer's remorse'. The AWD system is fantastic, you get almost as much traction in wet or even snowy conditions as you do in the dry.

Matt C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks for the input Charles! I took a look at your thread, and it's nice to see all the positive comments. I really have no doubt that the WRX will last for a very long time; my mother has been driving subarus for quite a while, and each of the three she's had have lasted forever (all wagons, the first an '89 GL wagon - ran for 12 years, the second a '95 legacy wagon, still running great, and now she owns a '01 outback). I just wanted to hear if anyone has had any particular issues with the WRX, but so far it doesn't sound like there are any!

BTW, congrats on your WRX sedan purchase. I was definitely going for the sedan 5-speed, but i was thinking of getting a black one. However, after seeing the blue in person just today, i'm really leaning towards that color, it looks great!

Due to the price, i think i'm definitely gonna have to wait until the '03 model comes out, hopefully pushing the 2002 price down a notch.

Well, if anyone here knows of any specific problems they're having with the WRX, let me know, I'd like to hear of these things ahead of time!

-Matt C

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Matt C,
Check out the I-Club . This club was for the original Impreza 2.5 RS's but now has turned into a WRX site. Just search the forum. There is a ton of information. I don't post much there any more. It's gone down hill but the amount of information is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks