What's new

2001 on iTunes in 4K . (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I believe that iTunes is showing the 4K 2001 even though it only is stated HD. Here is the opening logo on iTunes v/s Vudu's HD streaming
EY1hb49sRoekLZ26dA5nYw.jpg
FpwdiLlxQDOHtefituYgHw.jpg

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If it is playing in 4K it is not playing with HDR. I just checked and HDR was not active on my display. I then played a film that does have HDR and my display indicated that HDR was active. I think iTunes is using an HD version of the new master and VUDU is still playing the old master. I think I heard from others that the colors in the MGM logo did change in the new master.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If it is playing in 4K it is not playing with HDR. I just checked and HDR was not active on my display. I then played a film that does have HDR and my display indicated that HDR was active. I think iTunes is using an HD version of the new master and VUDU is still playing the old master. I think I heard from others that the colors in the MGM logo did change in the new master.
I think Vudu has 4K stream available to those that redeemed their digital code thru Vudu or MoviesAnywhere.

Britton

Screenwriter
Yeah, looks like iTunes in HD is the new master (space station scene with Floyd and the Russians ends with a cut. Picture quality is superior). Vudu in HD is older master.

Strangely, the old master is used in iTunes if you select the 1968 audio option from the menu and the audio is laughably out of sync.

My Vudu account does show that I own the movie in UHD. My iPhone indicates iTunes HD only.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Strange that 2001 hasn’t been upgraded to 4K on iTunes when it has on Vudu and Fandango.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I believe it has but they have not changed it yet. My 4K disc is identical with iTunes version.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I believe it has but they have not changed it yet. My 4K disc is identical with iTunes version.
It’s still only HD on iTunes even though it’s the new remaster.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Strange that 2001 hasn’t been upgraded to 4K on iTunes when it has on Vudu and Fandango.
I think they are all waiting until Tuesday, release day. Even though people who have redeemed 4K codes get access to it on Vudu and FandangoNow, you still can't purchase it in 4K on those sites yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks