What's new

Pre-Order 2001: A Space Odyssey (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
On iTunes. I either bought it when it was on sale for $4.99 or redeemed a code with the previous blu-ray - I forget which. I'm also in Canada, which may be on a different timetable for these upgrades.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
There are some movies that are very hard to like even though you understand them. Reading the book helps a lot, watching/reading 2010 helps more as Robert mentioned, but sometimes it comes down to one of favorite lines of philosophy that comes out of a movie

" People's reactions to opera the first time they see it is very dramatic; they either love it or they hate it. If they love it, they will always love it. If they don't, they may learn to appreciate it, but it will never become part of their soul."

I love 2001 and have since my second time. 1st time I was absolutely fascinated and confused, but just too young to understand what I was watching. Like my then HS aged son after finishing HAUSU the 1st time and at 1am and I ran into him on the way to bed -- damn funny that he literally had his palms up, jaw dropped, and literally speechless.

Citizen Kane OTOH is my love/don't like. I understand it, I know why it's regarded by many as the Best Even, I appreciate it on many many levels, I just don't like to watch it much even after a number of times.

Not Raging Bull again, yes to Taxi Driver, yes to Godfather 1 and 2.
I love Pretty Woman. I understand why CK is a better movie, but I'd 100x rather watch Gere/Roberts, or Shawshank, or my 100th viewing of Josey Wales/Unforgiven or Groundhog Day/Christmas Story or any of a dozen other movies than watch CK again (though I will). I'm just not entertained by CK and it feels like I'm in a Graduate Level Film Seminar rather than watching a movie in a 'theater'
I know I’ll go DOH! When you name the movies, but CK and HAUSU?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
CK is obviously Citizen Kane but no idea what HAUSU is.
It's a simple process of elimination,Tino.
Look, I'll break it down for you.
First things first. It's all in caps. That's our first clue.
But it's not a misspell, so we know not to mistake it for HUAAC.
And it's not HAUC; so don't let that of all acronyms be the detractor, either.
It's, umm-m-m...it's...oh, wait, my phone's ringing. Gotta go.:unsure:

Last edited:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Well, I don't own it on iTunes yet, but it's only showing up for purchase in HD on all my devices. Perhaps only those who have redeemed the new 4K code can actually get it in 4K on iTunes right now?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I don't own it on iTunes yet, but it's only showing up for purchase in HD on all my devices. Perhaps only those who have redeemed the new 4K code can actually get it in 4K on iTunes right now?
Does anybody with the 4K/Dolby Vision download on iTunes live in the States?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Redeemed 4K code thru MA and still in HD.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
And while we’re waiting for 2001 to flip to 4K on iTunes, I just accidentally discovered that The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) is now in 4K. When did that happen???

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
And while we’re waiting for 2001 to flip to 4K on iTunes, I just accidentally discovered that The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) is now in 4K. When did that happen???
Long time ago. At least a year.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Mark, Tino, is that 1951 The Day The Earth Stood Still a download from iTunes or an actual Blu Ray?
Hi Nelson

It’s an iTunes Download

Edit: meant to say it’s available to purchase and stream. No downloads of 4K content yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks