What's new

20-39PC+ Cricket Help (1 Viewer)

Tarry

Auditioning
Today I discovered a new sound in my SVS 20-39PC+. The best way I can discribe it is either a metallic ie. metal on metal or like a cricket chirping. The grill has not been off and I do not listen at very loud levels. Any ideas what this might be or what is causing it?

Tarry

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
While Tom/Ron do visit the forums, the best/quickest way to get technical support is to email them at:

[email protected]

They will diagnose the problem and fix you up pronto.

Ed

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Has the sub been calibrated?

sometime if the sub is not calibrated it can make some very strange sounds, as I found out.

In my case the receiver was set way to hot, about 11db.

But as Ed recommended call the pros

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
SVS does (of course) extensively test every sub that leaves the factory.

Despite exceptionally good packaging, UPS has occasionally succeeded in knocking/dropping a sub so hard that the VC actually misaligns and scrapes in the gap, causing that chirping sound you are hearing.

While the problem might be something totally different, the thought about VC shipping damage did occur to me, and I just wanted to pass it on.

Ed

Tarry

Auditioning
I sent an email to [email protected] before asking my question here. I was hoping it was something stupid I could fix quickly. It does not sound like that is going to be the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks