What's new

2 versions of collectors 2 disc blu ray of once upon a time in America??? (1 Viewer)

Michael Murr

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Murr
I have found different UPC codes for this blu ray I want to get!!! One is a box set with a book , the other just the 2 discs in a standard blu ray case! What's the deal here with this title??? Thanksn

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
One was a special collectors edition from 2014 which is long OOP now (a special 30+ page OUATIA gook) and 2 disc in an Amaray
The other was a cheaper re-release in late 2015 with just the movie(s) -- same 2 discs.

A lot of items follow this pattern with a more advanced item adn then a cheaper item later for folks that just want the movie in a basic case

Last edited:

J. Casey

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I seem to remember that the first releases were from Warner, then somehow the rights went to Fox and they issued it again.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
You do remember correctly - the 2011- 2014 releases were all Warner, the 2015 last re-release was Fox though using the same transfer and essentially the same discs without the fancier packaging

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks