What's new

1stopplasma.com Good online source? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
In the market for a new TV, but not in a hurry. Really like Sony's LCoS (SXRD) and the JVC HD-ILA. Its between those and a Plasma. 50" to 56".

Stumbled across 1stopplasma.com today and had never heard of them or seen them mentioned anywhere before. Anyone have experience with them? They have some outstanding pricing. But don't want to deal with a site/company that doesn't have a strong track record or reputation.

Thanks!

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
Brian,

While I have not purchased from them I did take a look at resellerratings.com and their website. They have no history in resellerratings which may not be particularly worrisome, but the copyright date on their site is 1996 to 2006. If they have been around that long then they should have something in resellerratings. Also when I looked at their website and their "Contact Us" page I noticed that all they had was a toll free number and a time. Doesn't even tell you what time zone just 10:00AM to 7:00PM. And no contact address or anything else.

To me this one screams "stay away" and again just my personal observations. Besides there are plenty of HTF affilated places to shop that are 100% reliable.

Regards,

Colin

Josh Haugo

Grip
I have never heard of them either. I would make sure to buy from an authorized dealer so you get a valid warrenty. Spending a little more now is worth it. I just ordered a TV from etronics last month. Got a good deal and it's got a full warrenty. Abe's is another authorized retailer that has a lot of good prices.

threeputz

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
These guys are a nightmare! I have to kick myself for falling for it. I ordered the Sony KDS-50A2000 from them. I was then directed to call them to confirm. They get you CC info then spring the fact that the set doesn't come with a U.S. warranty and documentation. They then try to sell that to you along with the extended warranty. By the time it's over, you're not getting a deal.
I cancelled the order and they hit me up for a 10% cancellation charge. I argued about it and the guy said he would send me an HDMI cable for my $199 loss. I'm not sure if I could have gotten out of this or not. I'm not very saavy at the online thing.
Bottom line...get ready for the hard sell and some shady tactics! I know I'm done with these guys forever!!!

russdog

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell
Man, you don't have to take that. A restocking fee is one thing, but this is just illegal. Call your credit card company and tell them what happened: your ordered an item that the vendor had misrepresented and could not supply, and when you cancelled the order, they clipped you for $200 even though you never received anything. They will remove the charge from your credit card.

desunnysi1989

Auditioning
Real Name
Sunny Patel
k guys. Listen up. I cant believe i was fool by these con artists. I went to buy the new Sony 60" SXRD and the site says that it was in stock for around 2600. i was like "yeay!" i purchased the tv. Then i called them up a few days later to ask when it is going to be mailed, guess what, its BACK ORDERED!. The guy who i spoke to was to RUDE! i said "when do you think it will be in? . replied " i dunno who cares, soon. You know this tv dosn't have warranty and i got a few here that do if u just pay me 3100." me "umm no, y can't you just give me the one you have there like u said" reply " HAHA noway ill loose money on ur deal man." me "cancel my order now!" HANG UP! DONT BUY FROM THEM!!!! NO JOKE! then these guy also charged my credit card, even when its not supposed to be charged till the tv is shipped. i called my credit card co and imformed them of the problem and they assured me they would handle it, and they did. Till then i will never forget these scammers. Please i advise you do not purchase from these people...:eek: :angry:

D445547

Auditioning
Real Name
Derik
Worst experience ever! I ordered a plasma TV from them 8/21/2006 and kept getting emails to call them and comfirm my order, the TV was a Panasonic TH-42PX60U 42" plasma for $1489 plus $269 shipping. After calling them back the guy said the screen overheated and he would have to sell me the 600 model for $500 more and would not stop bothering me about it. FYI I have researched this TV in detail and never heard of such a problem. Also when I ordered online the TV was in stock at their store. Finally I said I wanted a full refund since they could not provide me with the product I ordered. He said no and started talking about the 600 series TV again and told me not to be cheap. I again said I wanted a refund. He said he would charge me 10% cancellation fee. Obviously he was trying to bully me into spending another $500.
It was about now I got pretty mad, who wouldnt. He became verbally abusive with me and at one point he told me he was drunk. I asked to speak with the manager and he just put the phone down and picked it up again pretending to be the manager. When I asked for his name he said it was Al Kaida.....real funny. After I got upset with him he said my cancellation fee just went up to 20%. He also stated he was going to spread my a** open. This is an honest account of what happened on my call back on 8/22/2006 at 3:28pm pacific time AZ.
I called my credit card company after hanging up on him and had a block put on my card, they didnt charge it yet.

BrianTwig

Second Unit
Further evidence that 1stopplasma is a big scam operation.

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0240.htm

Pics of their location. Take a look. Pic #2, the entrace is all you need to see.

The guy who runs the site was in the NY Times for his work on exposing companies like this who sell cameras.

Article here...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/11/ny...erland&emc=rss

On edit, just to cover my butt. Not all of the businesses pictured at Don Wiss's site are scam operators. Some are legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks