What's new

1600x1200 wallpapers (1 Viewer)

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Hey guys,
Do any of you know any good sites with BIG wallpapers. I love Digital Blasphemy, but I'm looking for more good stuff. I've done a google search and found some good nature pics, but I'm suprised how little there is in 1600x1200.
Do any of you run 1600x1200? Where do you get your wallpapers?
Later,
Marshall

he Marshall,
The only 1600X1200 wallpaper I found on a site, but doesn't exist any more...:frowning:
But I always resize the picture, if the picture is of good qualitie to begin with you should notice the difference..
Roland

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Do what I do. I've got no shortage of wallpapers, but all through one of the following means:

1) use a tiled one; plenty of places have repeating tile pics to use.

2) render your own - whether it be a full rendering package like Lightwave or something like Vista, Bryce or what have you, just make a nice piccy at the resolution you want.

3) scan something in - flatbeds are stupidly cheap.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I get all my wallpapers at nationalgeographic.com however I just checked and all of theirs are 1024x768. However, they are all awesome if you like nature photography. I've got one now of a wolf jumping onto an ice floe somewhere in the arctic. Simply stunning!

Jay

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Marshall,
I don't know if you are interested in military photos at all, but if so, check out the US Navy website and the US Air Force website, they both have killer image archives. Many of the Navy photos have "high-res" links to larger versions and the air force pics are generally huge... 3000x2400 some times! :eek:
Also for some AMAZING photos of Airplanes, but not always so big, check out airliners.net.
By the way, if you have Windows XP, there is a cool slide show screensaver built in, that allows you to specify an image folder for the screensaver to display pictures from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks