What's new

1600g PRs or 2500g PRs with AV15? (1 Viewer)

Ben_E

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry for any stupid questions that I ask, still learning. If I am putting an AV-15 in about a 142L box what amount of mass should I have on the 18" stryke PRs? I know adding the higher amount will tune it lower, but is there anything I sacrifice for that other than a little bit of SPL. Boominess for example? Any advice would be appreciated. Also most likely to be driven with a Rythmik Audio 380w into 4 Ohms plate amp.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Ben,

I haave had quite a few people asking me the same question. I put up a post on my forum to help answer this. there is a graph showing both alignments so you can compare between the two. Neither of these will be boomy at all. The lower the tuning, the less boomy you will get though. Here's the thread on the forum:

http://forum.stryke.com/viewtopic.php?p=74

John

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Ben,

You might want something in between. I believe they can be weighted to your request. Play with WinISD or Unibox and see what looks best to you.

Seth

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
The other option would be 2050 grams which woudl be right in between. This would be a compromise between the two.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks