16:9 enhanced mode default to on with Sony 53hs30

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Ritch, Jun 20, 2002.

1. Rob Ritch

Rob Ritch Agent

All,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the Sony 53hs30 default to on for the 16:9 enhanced mode. I have a progressive scan DVD attached to Video 5 that is set to 16:9 mode. Everytime I switch to that input I have to go in through the menu and turn on the 16:9 enhanced mode (defaults to off). Is there a way that I can make it stay on (for video 5 only) unless I want to turn it off for some reason. I know that it is not that big a deal, but I have not been able to find a discrete code for my ProntoNEO remote and I am trying to make it as simple as possible for my wife to watch movies when I am not home.

TIA

-Rob

2. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I don't know about discretes, but a macro would be easy enough.

3. Rob Ritch

Rob Ritch Agent

I have tried to create a mccro with my ProntNEO, but it will not work. Even though I record the correct key sequence, it does not move to the correct menu suttings, i.e menu right 5 times, actually moves 3 spaces to the right. I have a OFA Cinema 7 that I recorded the macro on that worked fine. Is there possibly a setting in the service menu of the set that will allow me to make it default of 16:9 enhanced ON

-Rob

4. ChrisMatson

Maybe the Pronto is sending signals too fast. Can you add delays in the sequence?

I imagine that a service menu adjustment would be cumbersome to do and change back. Do you want this to be permanent?

5. Rob Ritch

Rob Ritch Agent

The NEO will allow me to add delays, I have tried .1 sec and .3 sec but that has not helped, (Mayne longer will work). I would not mind the setting to be permanent if it is only for the Video 5 input. If it would be for all inputs than I would not want it to be perm.

-Rob

6. Rob Ritch

Rob Ritch Agent

Just an update. I was finally able to get the macro to work. I put a 1 sec delay between each step of the macro so I could see what was happening. As it turned out when using the internal IR code, it was actually moving 2 steps for every button in the sequence. I had to learn the up, down, left, and right keys to get it to work. Once I learned the buttons it moved as it was supposed to. Thanks for the help

-Rob

7. ChrisMatson

Glad to hear that you soplved the problem! I wish you and your wife happy viewing.

8. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Hmm, that is strange. My 53HS10 defaults to 16:9 for everything on video 5 unless I turn it off. Maybe they changed the code?