What's new

<$1500 Sub and Center - Pointers? (1 Viewer)

Keith Hyde

Stunt Coordinator
Looking for seconds or advice:

Tax time is coming and I've been saving for my third annual big spend of the year on HT goods. So if you had $1500 dollars in a few months to drop on a subwoofer, and hoping you had enough change left over, on a center channel as well, what would they be?

I'm leaning for heavier investment in the sub than the center - more mileage effect on overall sound. I'm looking at the SVS PB2+ really hard. As for a center, I have some brand and ear loyalty to PSB, but Paradigm is gaining pull.

For a larger scope: this piecemeal project consists of PSB Alpha A/V surrounds (which are apt to be upgraded in two+ years), Brand X mains with two 8"s a midrange and tweeter (that are slated to be replaced in one+ years), a 1999 Denon AVR 1800 receiver, a Yamaha DVD-CX1 5 disc, and a new 27" flat-tube Toshiba. PSB Stratus series, but, more recently, Paradigm monitors are in view for main upgrades. I'm also considering adding an amplifier. But right now, though, my mouth drools for LFE, and I don't mind taking this one slow disciplined step at a time, so long as I continually make steps in the right direction. So my anticipated steps now are big to baby: 1-sub, 2-center, 3/4-amp or main upgrades tied, then 5-surround upgrade.

Pointers on a sub and center

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Get the PB2+ now, that'll be a cornerstone piece, and wait to get another $150 or so for the CC-370 to go with whatever Monitors you get or another $300 to get a CC-470 with some Studio's. I have both with my Monitor 11's and 7's and am very happy, though I may move the Studio's in a half a year before my full return credit runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks