What's new

12V trigger cable for EAD Powermaster 1000 (1 Viewer)

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Since I bought my Powermaster 1000 used, I did not get a 12V trigger cable...I figured I could make one myself.

What size mini-plug would I need...could I just get one from Radio Shack? And would I just solder some speaker wire to it?

Thanks.

Christopher:
The mini plug is a 3.5mm mono plug. You can buy them made up at Radio Shack in 6' lengths, or use speaker wire and plugs. The tip is positive, the sleeve negative.
Daniel

Martin Jiang

Agent
I am in the same situation, just pick up one from radio shackj. However, all they have on the shelf is 1/8, not 3.5mm. So is that the one.

By the way, I plug in 1/8 and it dones't weork

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info Daniel.

Martin:

Yes the 1/8" is the same as 3.5 mm. I went to RS today and picked up a ready made one and it works fine. I don't know if it makes a difference but did you get a mono plug? That's the one I got.

Maybe the 12V trigger on your receiver/preamp/processor is not working? Or the 12V on the Powermaster? Or maybe you got a bad cable? You can unscrew the end and see if a wire is broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks