12V trigger cable for EAD Powermaster 1000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Christopher Lyn, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

Since I bought my Powermaster 1000 used, I did not get a 12V trigger cable...I figured I could make one myself.

What size mini-plug would I need...could I just get one from Radio Shack? And would I just solder some speaker wire to it?

Thanks.

2. Daniel Levin

Daniel Levin Extra

Christopher:
    The mini plug is a 3.5mm mono plug. You can buy them made up at Radio Shack in 6' lengths, or use speaker wire and plugs. The tip is positive, the sleeve negative.
    Daniel

3. Martin Jiang

Martin Jiang Agent

I am in the same situation, just pick up one from radio shackj. However, all they have on the shelf is 1/8, not 3.5mm. So is that the one.

By the way, I plug in 1/8 and it dones't weork

4. Christopher Lyn

Christopher Lyn Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info Daniel.

Martin:

Yes the 1/8" is the same as 3.5 mm. I went to RS today and picked up a ready made one and it works fine. I don't know if it makes a difference but did you get a mono plug? That's the one I got.

Maybe the 12V trigger on your receiver/preamp/processor is not working? Or the 12V on the Powermaster? Or maybe you got a bad cable? You can unscrew the end and see if a wire is broken.