What's new

1000th post woohoo! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
To commemorate, I've got a new sig pic to celebrate the release of Monsters Inc today.

Have a nice day.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
...and if you're really lucky, you'll be able to celebrate this occasion again and again. (In other words, your post count will shrink due to deletion of threads you've posted in; I guess that's how that works)

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Congrats, but it doesn't mean anything because of the way the post count works. It goes down when threads get deleted. I'm still trying to figure out what's the point of that "feature".

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
What's weird, Steeve, is that (since we post in many of the same threads) my post count was near or just above yours at one time and now mine has dropped considerably. I just find that...well, weird. :crazy:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Dave.

(Only certain threads get deleted, and one's post count doesn't necessarily have to shrink or fluctuate. And it's not a "feature," but just the nature of the software that makes this place possible.)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Jack, since all of my threads are meaningful, insightful works of literary art (like my Nikki McKibbin appreciation thread) I shouldn't expect my count to shrink one post! ;)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
See, that's what I'm wondering; Steeve and I post in just about the exact same threads, but his stayed the same whereas mine was knocked down almost 400. So, how's it that "one's post count doesn't necessarily have to shrink or fluctuate"?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
What's weird, Steeve, is that (since we post in many of the same threads) my post count was near or just above yours at one time and now mine has dropped considerably. I just find that...well, weird.
The very same thing keeps happening to me. Odd it is indeed.
Anyway, congrats on 1000, Dave. :emoji_thumbsup:
What's that make then for sig pics? About 900 or so. :laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey! Congrats on 1000 posts Dave.:) :emoji_thumbsup:
I passed 3000 posts recently but did anyone notice? Eh? Nope no one, not even me, hmmm bad grammar there, hang on, "no one, not even I", aaah better. But I'm not bitter [bites fist].;)
Rain your post count seems to be running in reverse, you'll be passing mine soon at this rate, whappened?

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Steeve and I post in just about the exact same threads, but his stayed the same whereas mine was knocked down almost 400.
It doesn't only happen to you, John. I remember being at 3500 at one time (a month ago, I think). But anyway, this feature/option is ridiculous. I mean, what's the point if it's not even close of being exact?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Rain your post count seems to be running in reverse, you'll be passing mine soon at this rate, whappened?
I can't imagine. Glad that other people have noticed it though. Looks like I'm not just going crazy. :)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
But anyway, this feature/option is ridiculous. I mean, what's the point if it's not even close of being exact?
But it is exact!
It's just not what you think it is. The post count is not the number of your posts ever posted on this board, but the exact number of posts still present (archived or not) in the database of the forum.
And we simply cannot archive everything.
Cees

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
That make sense, Cees.

But for those of us whose post counts seem to be going in reverse, it is a bit perplexing. I've seen mine go down by a few hundred at a time and there is no way purging a few old threads would account for that.

It's not a big deal anyway, but I do have to wonder if there is a little glitch somewhere in whatever programming is in place for the post counts.

(For future reference, this is 4382)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Easy. Post in threads that don't end up on the chopping block (i.e., the ones in the content areas). Non-archival material gets deleted to free up space. There is no glitch.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Post in threads that don't end up on the chopping block (i.e., the ones in the content areas).
Jack, you have as many posts in Thread Killer and the like as any of us do, yet your post count doesn't seem to be going down.

And I do make several posts in areas other than Polls and After Hours.

Even if you deleted every tournament thread that ever has existed, it still wouldn't account for the number of posts I've dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks