$1,000 Yamaha Rx-V3300 - Good Deal????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Paul Fa, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Paul Fa

Paul Fa Stunt Coordinator

I like the great array of features this model has over say, the Denon 3803 and the 45tx even though it is not a 'THX' rated box. I'm buying a 5.1/7.1 set of Paradigm Monitor series speakers and was leaning towards the Denon until I heard about this deal. It was likened to a 4802 at a 3803 price with more features and watts. I have not listened to it yet . . . is the old bias still true? Are the Yamahas all pretty bright or is the higher-end line better balanced? Can't I adjust any perceived brightness out of the soundfield with their set-up parms?? Will this receiver give me more bang-for-the-buck and still have a mellow enough sound with the Paradigms to please my lady?? Thanks for your thoughts!!!

2. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

3. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Yamaha makes a great product. But, I think with some of their new receivers coming out, the RXV-3300 can be had for less that $1000, authorized. I have a 45TX and am very happy with it, but if I had to go out and buy a new receiver tomorrow, the new Elites, Yamaha 3300/2400, and Marantz 7300OSE/8300 would be on my short list.

4. cy c

cy c Auditioning

CHECK OUT ECOST THEY HAVE THEM FOR 759.00

CHEERS CY C

5. James W. Johnson

James W. Johnson Screenwriter

That is a dang good price, is Ecost an authorized Yamaha dealer?

6. dale^g

dale^g Stunt Coordinator

nope...if the receiver is defective Yamaha won't want to hear about it. just spend a few extra bucks and get it from a authorized dealer and save the headaches. the local "Sound Advice" had the 3300 for $950 but i went with a HK7200 instead...it has the warmer sound you might be looking for.