What's new

$1,000 Yamaha Rx-V3300 - Good Deal???? (1 Viewer)

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
I like the great array of features this model has over say, the Denon 3803 and the 45tx even though it is not a 'THX' rated box. I'm buying a 5.1/7.1 set of Paradigm Monitor series speakers and was leaning towards the Denon until I heard about this deal. It was likened to a 4802 at a 3803 price with more features and watts. I have not listened to it yet . . . is the old bias still true? Are the Yamahas all pretty bright or is the higher-end line better balanced? Can't I adjust any perceived brightness out of the soundfield with their set-up parms?? Will this receiver give me more bang-for-the-buck and still have a mellow enough sound with the Paradigms to please my lady?? Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
is the old bias still true? Are the Yamahas all pretty bright or is the higher-end line better balanced?
Apparently, the "brightness" has been removed from the following crop of Yamaha receivers: RXV-740, RXV-1300, RXV-2300 and RXV-3300.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Yamaha makes a great product. But, I think with some of their new receivers coming out, the RXV-3300 can be had for less that $1000, authorized. I have a 45TX and am very happy with it, but if I had to go out and buy a new receiver tomorrow, the new Elites, Yamaha 3300/2400, and Marantz 7300OSE/8300 would be on my short list.

dale^g

Stunt Coordinator
nope...if the receiver is defective Yamaha won't want to hear about it. just spend a few extra bucks and get it from a authorized dealer and save the headaches. the local "Sound Advice" had the 3300 for $950 but i went with a HK7200 instead...it has the warmer sound you might be looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks