What's new

Bob Marley Remasters (1 Viewer)

KrisM

Second Unit
I recently purchased the remastered Catch A Fire and was quite happy with it. It included the American version as well as an original 'stripped down' Jamaican version that was excellent. Does anybody know if and when the next discs will be released? Will they also have alternate versions of the albums or just the remastered originals?
Thanks
KrisM

Kevin H

Agent
Bob Marley is so awesome. I think I heard that they're planning on releasing all of his albums (or at least a good amount of them..the official ones..) at sometime in the future. But don't quote me.
------------------
-Kevin

Dan Lassiter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Lassiter
I was recently looking in some stores, and I believe a lot of the Marley titles have been digitally remastered (not 2-disc sets but in their original form). They have gold stickers on the front, which I think say they are 24 bit remasters or something like that.
------------------
Dan
"I'm a very good man, I'm just a very bad wizard."

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if has been remastered yet, but one of the greatest live albums by any artist is Bob Marley - Live.
If you like Marley or are just getting into him I highly recommend it. Terrific energy, great sound.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Several years ago I replaced my entire Marley collection with remastered versions...a great improvement in sound quality from the previous versions. These remasters were made years ago, have they been remastered again recently?
You can find the remasters by checking on the back of the cd cover..should state "Remastered from the original tapes by Barry Diament, Barry Diament Audio, NYC and Rob Fraboni"
..listening to Babylon System from Survival RIGHT NOW!
Bob Marley = Brilliant
JoN
------------------
Don't you wonder sometimes
'Bout sound and vision

The Thin White Duke

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
Too bad they won't make a CD of Catch A Fire with the flip top of the lighter the same as the original vinyl version. The only thing that vinyl LP's are really absolutely better than cd's is the ability to to make the cover a work of art. (Please don't flame me or start a LP versus CD war)
Just think Yes, Osibisa. Oops, I just of the original Mom's Apple Pie cover...
furious.gif
Well art is in the eye of the beholder.
rw
------------------

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
There will be at least two more Deluxe Marley reissues according to ICE. In September there will be a deluxe version of Exodus, and there will be a 2 disc version of Legend in 2002, the second disc will be all 12" single versions from the 1980s.
The first half of the standard remasters are already out. The rest come out at the end of July.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

KrisM

Second Unit
Thanks Larry,
I have the Mobile Fidelity version of Exodus and I don't think that they could do much better than it. Unless it has alot of remixes, I can't see myself buying it.
Regards
KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks