What's new

LOTR TV spot (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Hi everyone. I'm a little surprised no one has posted this here yet. Apparently during last night's MTV VMA's they ran a 30 second spot for Fellowship. I say apparently because after struggling to get through the first 30 minutes I gave up and left the room
frown.gif
. I don't remember the link but I believe AICN and Onering have the spot up already. Unfortunately my lousy computer here at work doesn't even have a sound card so I can't hear what the dialogue is but the look is definitely verrrrrry nice. Have fun!
------------------
"Wait a minute. Was she a great big fat person?"
My DVD Collection

Kami

Screenwriter
Yes I just watched it about a dozen times in a row. I think my favorite shot is Legolas pulling out the arrow and loading his bow. Ahhhhh, pure bliss. It's perfect. Then again, I love every shot in it. I am really, really starting to get excited.
Here is a mirror for the download: http://homepage.mac.com/johnemdall/.Movies/lotr-tv320.mov
-Adam
(a.k.a. kami)
My budding DVD collection
[Edited last by Kami on September 07, 2001 at 11:18 AM]

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Our first glimpse of the Cave Troll...Mmmm, Cave Troll...
I'm recording a re-run of the VMA awards today, in hopes that they may show the spot again. It begs for frame-by-frame analysis, as the cuts are so tantalizingly quick.
And if you want to give yourself a terminal case of movie-anticipation priapism, check out "Moriarty's" review of the famous Cannes reel, over at Ain't It Cool News.
Of course I'm trying to corral my anticipation within reasonable limits, because as some have pointed out, a 20 minute reel of The Phantom Menace consisting of the pod race and a few other snippets probably would have wowed fans prior to that film's release.*
--Jefferson Morris
* This tactic is not working, however. I have now developed a severe case of "Please God, don't let me die in a car/plane/shower/window-washing accident before seeing at least one of these films" anxiety. I'm looking both ways before I cross the street.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Cool, my wife taped it last night so I guess I'll have to watch a little and check this out.
I would think they would need to do some kind of spots that introduce the characters for non-fans.
Unfortunately, ever since AICN went to pop-ups I've had to stop reading it. They lock up my pc.
------------------
"It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen"
S&S Challenge: 72 ...25
DVD BEAVER

My DVD Collection

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Thanks Kami.
Man, I get goosebumbs watching that. I can't wait till X-mas this year. More than usual even. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Alright, who am I kidding. I freaking out like Jefferson is, fearing for my own life simply because it would mean missing this flick if I died.
Each trailer makes me more excited. It looks to have PJ's beautiful style all over it, which is what I was expecting. I always loved the look of The Frighteners, for example.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved the visuals, hated the dialogue. Even some dialogue I used to like, they butchered in the commerical... "Cover all the lands of [a second] darkness" I hope they restore the original form in the movie. But like I said, visually, it looks AWESOME.
------------------
My DVD Collection

eek.gif

smiley_jawdrop.gif

I have to say I've never been this excited about a film before it's release. The new TV spot caught me completely off guard during the VMA's. I know my chin must have been in my lap for at least a minute after the spot finished. The new footage looks amazing. December 19th can't come quick enough.
WiGgLe
biggrin.gif

------------------
My DVD List

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Adam, we haven't heard anything that can be confirmed as 'official' dialogue. Stuff always gets messed around with in trailers and is often heard out of context. We won't know how things are really delivered and sound until Dec 19th.

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
I remember when the FOTR trailer hit and people were upset at the piece of Gollum dialogue in Moria. Bloody murder they screamed on the TORN message boards, "Gollum has no lines in Moria!" they cried. Luckily, I have much more faith in HTF membes to understand how trailer editing works
wink.gif

As for the commercial, I've been rabid about this film since the very beginning, and I get more so with each passing photo or clip. I spent 3 days in line for The Phantom Menace, believe that I will be doing no less for LOTR
wink.gif

------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

[Edited last by Geoffrey_A on September 10, 2001 at 03:07 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks