What's new

Amazon's Black Friday Deals Store is now open (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Countdown is On: Amazon.com Greets the Season with Launch of Black Friday Deals Store and Electronics Holiday Gift Guide
New this year, Prime members receive early access to more than 30,000 Lightning Deals
With over 600 top electronics and a Gift Finder tool, the Electronics Holiday Gift Guide takes the guesswork out of gifting

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 2, 2015-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com today officially kicked off the countdown to Black Friday with the launch of the Black Friday Deals store and Electronics Holiday Gift Guide. This year, Prime members can access more than 30,000 Lightning Deals 30 minutes early and all customers will find tens of thousands of deals on more of the items they want. In addition, the curated Electronics Holiday Gift Guide and Gift Finder tool take the guesswork out of shopping and make it easy to discover all of the right gifts.

“Shoppers come to Amazon to discover the best deals on the best gifts and this year, we’re pulling out all of the stops,” said Steve Shure, Vice President, Amazon Consumer Marketing. “We’re giving Prime members early access to more than 30,000 Lightning Deals and for all customers, tens of thousands of great deals in the Black Friday Deals store. With incredible deals, fast delivery options, curated lists like our Electronics Holiday Gift Guide, gift recommendations, customer reviews and more, we’re making it easier than ever for customers to save time and money on their holiday shopping.”

Black Friday Deals: The Black Friday Deals store is the leading deals destination for customers this holiday season with tens of thousands of deals on top items including electronics, toys, clothing, jewelry, kitchen, and more, now through December 22. Prime members will get the first crack at more than 30,000 deals through Prime Early Access and all customers can find great deals throughout the season at www.amazon.com/blackfriday, including:
  • 30% off Sony XBR55X900C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV with a Blu-ray Player
  • $170 off the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
  • 47% off Jaybird X Sport Bluetooth Headphones
  • Optima HD37 Full 3D 1080p 2600 Lumens DLP Home Cinema Projector for less than $800
  • 40% off select Frye shoes, handbags, accessories and luggage/travel for men and women
  • 40% off select toys from top construction brands including K’NEX, Tegu, and Magformer
  • Up to 50% off select Home Automation products
  • 20% or more off select Wilton and Pyrex bakeware products
  • Deals from top Kitchen brands including Rubbermaid, KitchenAid, Paderno, and Instant Pot
  • $10 off select $50 Black & Decker product purchases
  • Up to 50% off hundreds of PetSafe items
Electronics Holiday Gift Guide: With more than 600 of this year’s hottest items, organized by category and gift recipient, the Electronics Holiday Gift Guide and Gift Finder tool help customers discover the right gift for everyone on their list – from the Photographer who wants the latest gear from GoPro and Canon, to the Gadget Guru who is eyeing the latest innovations from the Amazon Launchpad program like the Electric Objects Digital Art Display and Bluesmart Smart Carry-On Luggage. Customers can explore exciting new features like never-before-seen 3D imagery of hot gifts, editor’s picks, exclusive product reviews, unboxing videos, and gift recommendations, with new content uploaded regularly from trusted sources including Gawker, Tom’s Guide, and The Wirecutter.

Tech Gifts and Shopping Trends to Watch
  • High-Tech, Low Budget: Tech gear is always at the top of shopping lists during the holidays, and now customers can find tech gifts to give and receive without paying a premium. The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide features affordable gifts including the all-new Fire tablet – the #1 best-selling product on Amazon.com since launch – portable speakers from JAM, and headphones from Panasonic and Audio-Technica, all under $100!
  • Wanted Wearables and the Smart Home: Wearables and Home Automation items are wished-for year-round and customers will find the latest gear to make home life more efficient with products like the Belkin WeMo Netcam, Crock-Pot Smart Wi-Fi-Enabled Slow Cooker, and iRobot Roomba Vacuum. Customers will also find stylish wearables in new and exclusive colors from Jawbone, Fitbit, and Garmin to track fitness and monitor health.
  • Shop via Voice: More and more, devices are making our lives hands-free. Now, creating a holiday shopping list with Amazon Echo and Alexa is as easy as asking, and placing an order using voice control with the Amazon app on your mobile device is as simple as saying the word. This year, customers can shop in more ways without leaving their home or even touching a keyboard.
Customers will find even more fast delivery options with Amazon Prime, making last-minute shopping a thing of the past. A growing list of Prime services is making it easy for customers to shop and save this holiday season including unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 20 million items, unlimited Free Same-Day Delivery on more than a million items in 16 metro areas, and early access to Lightning Deals all year long. In addition, Prime members in 20 metro areas receive one and two hour delivery on tens of thousands of everyday essentials with the dedicated Prime Now mobile app.

About Amazon

Amazon.com opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995. The company is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about.

Hank_P

Second Unit
Well after the "Prime" day deals earlier this year, deals that were not there, I may not be holding my breathe. I will definitely check Amazon out, but you just have to be a good educated on-line shopper to recognize a true "deal" these days. Just because they tell me it's a deal, doesn't mean I believe them...hehehe.

There are definitely some BR's I have been holding off, hoping to see a good deal come along.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Not that hard since Amazon basically skipped last year (at least on Movies) except for a handful of deals they borrowed
for other stores ads -- often 2-5 days late and a 10 second Lightning Deal. I think I bought 2 things for a total of $20 for Amazon.com last year and both of those
were other store deals I just didn't feel like going back for. 2013 was slightly better, but still not very impressive.

The international sites had much better deals all the way through the season -- it was baffling. After seeing how poor the deals were
in the Prime Day fiasco, I'm not expecting a lot though honestly the Breaking Bad and The Wire deals are already better than I've
seen from them in over a year so maybe there is hope.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Radioman970 said:
I spent most of my money with foxconnect last year... but we'll see...
I think Fox got a fair amount, but Deep Discount was #1 on my list they about the only place the had the cheap BD TV series last year.
In 2013 Walmart had about 20 $9.99 season BD TV sets that got my $$$ though those deals came and went in about an hour -- there was always some suspicion that those were supposed to be DVD only
which is what the In store sales had, but Walmart honored every order anyway..

Robert McLay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Darn, had been checking and the day I am out of commission, sick in bed is the day it goes on sale... Ugh

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
David Norman said:
I think Fox got a fair amount, but Deep Discount was #1 on my list they about the only place the had the cheap BD TV series last year.
In 2013 Walmart had about 20 $9.99 season BD TV sets that got my $$$ though those deals came and went in about an hour -- there was always some suspicion that those were supposed to be DVD only
which is what the In store sales had, but Walmart honored every order anyway..

I have visited my Walmart the week after BF, I believe it was on a Tuesday, and everything was still out. I picked up a fair amount of flicks for real cheap, like $4 and $7 blus, $10 tv seasons. I went back on the Wednesday after to get a few things I missed, I think, and everything was GONE! This year I might go Saturday. Last time I tried Friday it was surreal and uncomfortable being in that place. Shopping online was so much better. Then go the weekend or Monday.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^That's pretty much like my experience at WM last year. Went in sometime over the weekend (Sunday? Monday? been too long... oldtimers setting in...:D) and decided to go back and pick up a couple I'd passed on only to find it had been cleared out overnight! Being inside WM on BF is a waking nightmare!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I hit Walmart a couple times I think -- Thursday afternoon and picked up a few things that already scanned BF prices, i think I went back after 9pm either Friday/ or after midnight Saturday/Sunday
night and picked up a few more movies from a couple of stores. Didn't get everything, but a surprising amt of items were still available.
Absolutely no way would I hit the crazy hrs, but by friday mid afternoon/early evening it's less busy than a normal afternoon

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon Black Friday Deals

Electronics:

• Kindle Paperwhite, $99.99
  • $30 off Kindle and Kindle for Kids Bundle
  • Fire, $34.99
  • Fire Kids Edition, $84.99
  • $25 off Amazon Fire TV
  • $15 off Amazon Fire TV Stick and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
  • Up to 45% off select Samsung and LG TVs, including Samsung 32” 1080p LED TV for $177.99, LG 49” 1080p LED TV for less than $370, and Samsung 75” 1080p Smart LED TV for less than $2,000
  • Top-selling 60” 4K LED TV, $799.99
  • TCL 55” Roku Smart LED TV, $348
  • Hisense 55” 4K Smart LED TV, $448 (App Only Deal)
  • 50” 1080p LED TV, $149.99 (App Only Deal)
  • 40” 1080p LED TV, $145
  • TCL 32” Roku Smart LED TV, $125
  • 32” LED TV, $75
  • Acer Home Theater Projector, $299.99
  • VIZIO 38” 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar, $79.99
  • $49 off SONOS 2-Room Streaming Music Starter Set
  • Save 40% on Polk Audio Omni S2 Wireless Speaker
  • Up to 25% off Denon HEOS 1 Wireless Speakers
  • 50% off Sony Extra Bass Bluetooth Headphones
  • Save more than 50% on Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones in Black (Amazon Exclusive)
  • More than 50% off top-selling point-and-shoot camera
  • Jawbone UP3, $99
  • Save $100 on an Intel-Powered Dell 2-in-1 Laptop
  • ASUS 15” laptop, $129
  • Up to 40% off select Acer desktops, monitors, chromebooks, and tablets
  • Save more than 20% on select Samsung Galaxy Tablets
  • Save up to 70% on select SanDisk memory cards and USB flash drives
  • Top-selling mobile printer for less than $100
Baby, Toys & Pets:
  • Save 30% or more on select Graco Car Seats and Strollers
  • Up to 60% off select Disney apparel, toys, and more
  • Save 50% on select best-selling wooden preschool toys
  • 40% off select Fisher-Price Musical Instruments
  • Up to 50% off select toys from favorite brands like Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, and more
  • Save 50% on select construction toys from K’NEX, Lincoln Logs, and Tinkertoys
  • Up to 50% off select Lionel Train Sets, including Polar Express
  • 50% off select wearable technology products and robotic toys for kids
  • 45% off UDI R/C Falcon Drone with HD Camera
  • LEGO Star Wars Stormtrooper Figurine Alarm Clock, $15.99
  • Up to 60% off select Nylabone dog treats and chew toys
  • Save more than 50% on select Outward Hound dog toys
  • Up to 50% off select PetSafe pet products
Home & Kitchen:
  • Save $50 on Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit
  • Save up to $200 on select Dyson vacuums
  • Save 40% on Silhouette Cameo Starter Bundle
  • $25 off with select DEWALT purchases of $100 or more
  • $20 off select orders of $100 or more in Porter-Cable tools
  • DEWALT 18-Volt Compact Drill/Driver Kit with Two Batteries, $89
  • More than 45% off Miracle-Gro AeroGarden Ultra LED Indoor Garden with Gourmet Herb Seed Kit
  • Up to 60% off select products from FoodSaver, Oster, Krups, Nespresso, T-fal, Wilton, and more
  • More than 55% off select Imprint Cumulus Comfort Mats
  • More than 50% off select Instant Pot Programmable Pressure Cookers
  • Save up to 40% on select cookware from Circulon and Rachael Ray
  • More than 40% off Rabbit 6-Piece Wine Tool Kit
  • Save 20% on Soma Sustainable Carafe and Plant-Based Water Filter, available through the new Amazon Launchpad program for startups
Sports & Travel:
  • 34% off Skywalker 15-Feet Jump N’ Dunk Trampolines
  • Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump – Queen, $87.99
  • BARSKA Starwatcher 400x70mm Refractor Telescope, $49.50
  • 30% off Reebok Professional Deck Workout Bench
  • 25% off Nautilus T614 Treadmill
  • STIGA Triumph Table Tennis Table, $299.99
  • 25% off select Timbuk2 Command Messenger Bags
  • 25% off select Under Armour fleece
  • adidas Originals Men’s Sport Essentials Tee, $19.99
  • Save up to 50% on select adidas footwear for men, women, and kids
  • Save 70% or more on Samsonite Two-Piece Spinner Sets
  • Up to 45% off RV and camping supplies, including select products from Camco and Valterra
  • Up to 55% off select Automotive D-I-Y items
Fashion & Beauty:
  • Up to 70% off select clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry, and watches for men, women, and kids
  • 30% off select clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry, and watches with promotional code 30BLACKFRI
  • Up to 70% off select diamond jewelry gifts
  • Up to 50% off select luxury watches for women
  • Select Levi’s Jeans for men, $39.99 or less
  • 45% off select New Balance shoes for men, women, and kids
  • 50% off select Steve Madden shoes for men
  • 50% off select Steve Madden and Madden Girl shoes for women and kids
  • 50% off select Stride Rite shoes and more for kids
  • Select baby and kids’ coats, fleece, hats, and more, $14.99 or less
  • Save up to $30 on Oral Care, including Oral-B electric toothbrushes
  • Up to 25% off select skin care products, including Dove, Olay, and more
Books, Music & Video Games:
  • 80% off Transformers: The Covenant of Primus
  • Save more than 50% on Deathstroke Volume 1 Book and Mask Set
  • Save on more than 10 autographed CDs, including Kenny Rogers, Megadeth, and more (Amazon Exclusive)
  • Save 15% or more on select vinyl records
  • Save $20 on Need for Speed
  • Save $30 on Rock Band 4 Wireless Guitar Bundle
  • $50 off Xbox One Consoles
  • $50 off PlayStation 4 Uncharted Bundle
  • $25 off Metal Gear Solid V
  • Hundreds of PC download deals up to 70% off

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I was hoping for a better markdown on the Kindle Paperwhite... My son wants one of those and I passed on the $30 off for Prime Members a couple of weeks back thinking BF would bring a better deal. :(

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Don't feel bad. . .a few weeks back I passed on the PS4 Last of Us bundle for $263, figuring there'd be better deals on BF. :(

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I haven't spotted much of interest w/ Amazon's (pre-)BF deals so far either... much like last year as others noted.

For movies/TV boxsets, you might also want to check out Amazon UK as they seem to have better deals. I just nabbed the (region-free) UK version of Star Trek TNG complete BD set from their BF lightning deal early this morning for ~£60+shipping, which comes out to ~$99USD. I also threw in a Lexar Pro 1000x UHS-2 128GB SD card from a concurrent lightning deal for ~£30+shipping, which came out to ~$57USD, while I was at it. And yeah, I also had other UK release BDs in my cart ready to go for a good size order to help save on shipping.

Too bad HTF can't benefit from an Amazon UK order though...

Anyway, if y'all are interested, Amazon UK currently has the True Blood complete series BD set in a BF lightning deal (until circa 4pm ET) for ~£45+shipping.

And if you're interested in picking up all the released seasons of Big Bang Theory (perhaps to go w/ a BF-specific deal), they currently also have the seasons 1-8 BD set for ~£40+shipping, which actually comes to ~£33.35+shipping after deducting the VAT.

Figure the exchange rate is ~$1.6USD-to-£1 right now to help you decide, and shipping is ~£3 (plus £1 for each additional title... no matter the boxset size).

Do note though that unlike their normal prices, eg. the BBT set I mentioned, the BF-specific deal prices will not have VAT deducted for the final purchase price -- normally, that would be ~16.7% deduction to offset VAT.

_Man_

PS: Yes, all the titles I mentioned above are region-free. Was going to suggest their Deal of the Day The Walking Dead seaons 1-5 BD set (for ~£40+shipping) as well, but just realized that's probably region-B-locked.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FWIW, given Ron's list above, anyone interested in a new set of quality headphones might want to consider Amazon's current prices for the Audio-Technica M40x ($80) and M50x (~$130). They also have an odd 3-headphones bundle deal on the much lauded Sennheiser HD600 + Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro250 + Audio-Technica M30x for ~$400 bundle price -- they normally cost ~$315-400 + ~$150-200 + ~$60 if bought separately.

That latter bundle deal would be very tempting if I had much use for the Beyerdynamic set on top of the Sennheiser, eg. maybe to give away as a present -- I could probably give the M30x to one of my kids...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
FYI, Cameron pointed out in Ron's other (official?) Amazon BF/CM deal thread that Adorama actually has the Audio-Technica M40x for just $65 (w/ free shipping) right now. That's a great price indeed. I ended up ordering mine from a dealer in Amazon marketplace for the ~$80 instead, but due to sales tax diffs plus my cc's 10% cashback offer for Amazon purchases, the final/net diff is insignficant. However, if you're located outside of NY state and/or do not have a similar cashback offer (from Chase Freedom, which just recently bumped it up from 5% to 10%), the Adorama deal should likely be noticeably better.

FWIW, Amazon also has a ~$400 bundle for the Sennheiser HD600 + Blue Yeti USB mic (in black) + decent pair of M-Audio AV32 studio monitors. That's also a bit tempting to me right now (even though I just ordered the M40x headphones) as my kids just keep "borrowing" my stuff, LOL... :wacko: :rolleyes: :D -- and of course, those Sennheisers are enticing all on their own to boot... :P

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks