What's new

Speaker Distances (1 Viewer)

Spottedfeather

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I've posted this on another forum, but thought that it would hurt to post it here as well, just to get as much help as possible.

I've been futzing around with my receiver's settings a bit lately, and have a question. My receiver, as far as I know, allows you to set the distances for the speakers in 1 foot increments. I'll look to see if it has any other settings, though. My question is this. What do I do when the distance from a speaker to my usual listening position is something like 3 feet 6 inches or 3 feet 9 inches ? Do I round up or down ? Which would be best ?

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Best to round to closest, 3 ft 9 inches would be 4 ft, your first example is right in the middle, so you could go either way. Some receivers allow you to manually enter precise distances, which would obviously be ideal, but I don't think it's a critical element either way. To validate this, you could try setting values both ways: I very much doubt you could tell the difference.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Speaker distance sets delay(obviously speaker 12ft away needs to produce sound before a speaker 2ft away).

Difference +/- a foot is almost meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks