What's new

How about a blu of The Long Day's Dying? (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
THE LONG DAYS DYING.jpg

This is an excellent war film that I don't think has ever received a home video release of any kind. Granted I think Paramount may own this and of course have no interest in their back catalog but this really is an overlooked gem.

Anybody else have an interest in this one?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I've never seen it, & I've never known it to be on TV (UK). The only thing I've seen of it is a picture spread in a sixties Films & Filming magazine. I'd like to see it, I see it's available on instant video on Amazon (SD). Being a Paramount film I wouldn't hold your breath for a Blu-ray release. My first choice for a war film from them would be Catch 22 & then, In Harm's Way.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
t1g3r5fan said:
Olive Films had planned to release this one, but pulled it from their schedule.

Really, that's depressing to hear. I would have loved to see this on a blu-ray. This must have been one of the films that just was not up to snuff for an HD release. If Olive passed on it I think that means the chances of it ever appearing are pretty slim.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
If anyone from Paramount is reading this thread, I can steer them to a decent 35mm print they could scan for Blu Ray. Since Olive cancelled their planned release due to a lack of elements, I figured this might be helpful information.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Saw this when it came out. Was thoroughly depressed. Would love to see it again since I've never forgotten the impact it had on one young man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks