Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello Everyone

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Nikhil Mehta

Nikhil Mehta

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hi, My name is Nik and want to introduce myself to this great community. Live and work in NYC and will shortly be moving to the suburbs of NJ. 

Getting a house built so had a question around audio pre-wiring in the house and how best to set it up so that it works both as an audio system to play music and connect to the TV. All the connections and equipment will be placed inside a closet.

Need to understand logistics rather quickly as the builder is coming up on putting the sheet rock and will be starting with all the electricals soon.

Any and all replies will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Nik

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 17,706 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted June 23 2014 - 10:58 AM

Good luck Nik! My builders only had a very limited set of choices so I went with as much as they would allow. If I had to do it over again I would have em wire for 7.2 just to have those extra 3 lines in place even tho I was only doing 5.1 at the time. If you are having whole house audio built that's totally different. I wish I had chose to wire 2 outdoor speakers to my HHA system, oh well!

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,836 posts

Posted June 23 2014 - 01:21 PM

Hi Nik, welcome! I'm also in NYC-area -- I work in NYC, live on LI and am actually moving into the city this weekend. Welcome to HTF, and congrats on your new home!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users