What's new

Home Theater Build (1 Viewer)

Skins4Life

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Hello all, I am novice to building a designated home theater and equipment. By doing some research I have selected a couple of items that I beilieve that will go in the room. My room is in the basement of my home and has no exposed windows and uses controlled lighting. It measures 16'W x 30'L and has 9' ceilings. Three of the walls are to concrete, with one wall sharing to the rec room. I am using dB-3 sound barrier on that wall to help soundproof. I have prewired for a 7.2 surround setup. I will be building either an mesh wall or sheet rock wall with an access door, to put a 120" screen. The room will be used 80% for movies and the rest sports/gaming. My question is what type of speakers/brand should I use? Thanks in advance... Equipment that I will most likely get: Oppo 103 blu ray Pioneer Elite SC-68 Black Diamond 120" screen

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator
Most importantly go out and listen and decide for yourself. Its like asking what car to buy or what are the best jeans? I like sporty hatch backs and Gap jeans. How bout you?

Creativesound

Auditioning
Real Name
Creative Sound
Martin Logan's are a great brand, we have used them before in home theaters we have installed, however Paradigm's are great too! I would take Nicks suggestion and go and take a listen for yourself and decide which you prefer but either way I don't think you will be unsatisfied. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks