Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater Build

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Skins4Life

Skins4Life

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 06:49 AM

Hello all, I am novice to building a designated home theater and equipment. By doing some research I have selected a couple of items that I beilieve that will go in the room. My room is in the basement of my home and has no exposed windows and uses controlled lighting. It measures 16'W x 30'L and has 9' ceilings. Three of the walls are to concrete, with one wall sharing to the rec room. I am using dB-3 sound barrier on that wall to help soundproof. I have prewired for a 7.2 surround setup. I will be building either an mesh wall or sheet rock wall with an access door, to put a 120" screen. The room will be used 80% for movies and the rest sports/gaming. My question is what type of speakers/brand should I use? Thanks in advance... Equipment that I will most likely get: Oppo 103 blu ray Pioneer Elite SC-68 Black Diamond 120" screen

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   NickSI

NickSI

Stunt Coordinator

• 191 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 02:36 PM

Most importantly go out and listen and decide for yourself. Its like asking what car to buy or what are the best jeans? I like sporty hatch backs and Gap jeans. How bout you?
Ciao

(if there is a $200 reciever or integrated amp in your basement collecting dust or even in your living room collecting dust lemme know ill take it off your hands)

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Creativesound

Creativesound

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 04:49 AM

Martin Logan's are a great brand, we have used them before in home theaters we have installed, however Paradigm's are great too! I would take Nicks suggestion and go and take a listen for yourself and decide which you prefer but either way I don't think you will be unsatisfied. Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users