What's new

New Build AV rack question (2 Viewers)

Dustind1551

Auditioning
Real Name
Dustin
Good evening everyone, First time poster here looking for a little advice and maybe even a few recommendations.

My wife and I are currently in the process of having a new home built and one of the first things we plan on doing once we close is having a company come in and install our first home theater set up in our "media room". One of the main issues I am having is that I can't decide what to do for an AV rack. The room has a 22.5W X 47.5H X 18D cutout for the equipment (Shown in the picture) with all wiring running to the back of the cutout. The Company hired to install the equipment stated that we either need to have shelves installed into the cubby or we can do an AV rack that sits on the floor. I'm not a big fan of the shelf idea but would like to still utilize the space for its intended purpose. We would like a rack with a minimum of 20RU slots so we can house all our current equipment plus have a little room to grow.

Currently I have been looking at the Middle Atlantic SRS4-20 rack but I can't seem to find any reviews on the product what-so-ever. Any advice on which route to take or even specific racks you may have used for this type of situation would be greatly appreciated!!

For anyone curious, the setup will be:
Marantz SR7015
7.1.2 Goldenear in-wall speakers
Invisa Signature point source Front Lr
Supersat 60C Center speaker
Invisa MPX for sides and rear
Invisa 650IC Atmos
Supersub XXL
Epson LS12000 with a 120” screen
Control 4, Apple 4k, Xbox series X and Playstation 5

Thank you in advance for the help!

Attachments

• Theater room cutout.png
    Theater room cutout.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks