Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Home Theater Forum is Moving. All Members Please Read!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 of 68 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,553 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:28 AM

"This new forum is horrible. I don't know how to post. I can't find anything. Bring back the old one!" Figured I'd get it out in advance. ;) Looking forward to the move. Onward and upward (or something).
I'm frustrated already. :):) seriously, it's a good point to raise, there will be some bumps in the road and patience will be required.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#42 of 68 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,852 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:08 AM

Don't forget: "The design is really plain."

#43 of 68 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,932 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:12 AM

Sometimes I think the forum changeover was toughest on the "power users" (the ones who use the forum the most).  They get set in their ways and become creatures of habit in how they utilize the software to their benefit. Other times I think it was toughest on those whose stress level rises quickly when anything in their life changes. Realistically, it was probably a combination of both. I, for one, hope that I've grown a bit as a person and have a greater ability to accept that things are gonna be different and realize that there's just no need to sweat it.  It'll all come to be familiar to me again over time. "Patience, grasshopper." 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#44 of 68 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,241 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm glad to see this happen for all the owners and mods to have a more friendly way to work with the site. My only concern is, will the threads we've subscribed to carry over? I've become totally reliant on that feature...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#45 of 68 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,852 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted March 06 2013 - 09:29 AM

I was going to say members of this hobby seem especially sensitive to change, but I'm reminded of all the complaints that spring up when Facebook changes something and I have to say it's pretty much human nature. It's also human nature to adapt, but strangely those two qualities never seem to remember each other.
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon  Sometimes I think the forum changeover was toughest on the "power users" (the ones who use the forum the most).  They get set in their ways and become creatures of habit in how they utilize the software to their benefit. Other times I think it was toughest on those whose stress level rises quickly when anything in their life changes. Realistically, it was probably a combination of both. I, for one, hope that I've grown a bit as a person and have a greater ability to accept that things are gonna be different and realize that there's just no need to sweat it.  It'll all come to be familiar to me again over time. "Patience, grasshopper." 

#46 of 68 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,217 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted March 06 2013 - 11:32 AM

Looking forward to the new site.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you during the move. As for change, I do not mind it much unless it is a change that is so different it no longer makes sense, like Huddler's lame ass attempt to re-invent the forum.  Now here we are several years later and it seems that all the grand design plans have been reverted back to a traditional type forum.  It is a paradigm that works.  Let new media try new things - don't upset the folks that keep the place going.

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

#47 of 68 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,072 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 06 2013 - 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein  I'm glad to see this happen for all the owners and mods to have a more friendly way to work with the site. My only concern is, will the threads we've subscribed to carry over? I've become totally reliant on that feature...
Threads should.  If you are subscribed to a product or tag, those are currently not supported so those won't carry over for now.

#48 of 68 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,241 posts
  • LocationWest Hollywood, CA

Posted March 06 2013 - 12:29 PM

Great - I'm a simple guy, only subscribed to Threads.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#49 of 68 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,787 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted March 06 2013 - 03:43 PM

Sorry, but I don't help anyone move anymore :). Wasted too many of my Saturdays and I always ended up doing all the work while everyone else sat around watching the game on tv and eating pizza :yum: and drinkin' beer :P and :chatter: the day away. But you're welcome to borrow my truck if you want. Just put a little gas in it before you bring it back :D . In all seriousness, we're always a little worried about change. But hopefully it's for the better this time. Best wishes.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#50 of 68 OFFLINE   silverbullet

silverbullet

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:16 AM

Just joined today and I am sure will have a big learning curve and then start all over when the new HTF is up - but hey, I am sure the new one will be even better. Although I usually only buy blu rays recently bought a Pioneer CLD-S201 laserdisc player and am having terrible trouble getting it to work correctly - and yes I read the manual. Maybe the old technology is harder than the new. If anyone would like to help me please send me a PM. Looking forward to learning and conversing a little.

#51 of 68 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,932 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 08 2013 - 04:21 AM

Hey Don!

Welcome to the HTF!  Posted Image

The best way for you to get some answers to your LaserDisc problem would be to start a thread in the Blu-ray, DVD, LD...other Playback Devices sub-forum and explain your issue.

The discussion taking place in this thread might not be attracting all our resident "source" experts who will be able to help you out more quickly.

Good luck and hope things work out for you.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#52 of 68 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,320 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted March 14 2013 - 06:21 AM

If experience is any teacher, we'll see lots of complaints like:

[*] "I can't find anything!"
    [*] "Search isn't working"
    [*] "The colors hurt my eyes"
    [*] "It's too white"
    [*] "It's too dark"
    [*] "It's too wide"
    [*] "It's too narrow"
    [*] "The pages aren't the same size as before."
    [*] "My subscriptions don't work"
    [*] "My signature is all wrong."
    [*] "My avatar is too small, too wide, too long, too square, missing"
    [*] "I can't change this, that, or the other thing"
    [*] "Quote" works differently than before"
    [*] "Editing is different"
    [*] "Where's the option for bold? Italics? Fonts? Inserting pictures? Inserting videos? Colored text? Smilies? etc..."
    [*] My phone doesn't work the same on the forum.
    [*] My pad doesn't work right
    [/list] As Mike Frezon posted above, it's probably going to be very plain at first. The furniture and curtains won't be delivered for awhile, so use the time when the system's back up again to familiarize yourself with where things are - your user controls, the search function and how it works, navigating between pages, threads, and fora.  And with the number of members, threads, posts that are here at HTF, I don't anticipate it coming back for maybe a couple of days. If it's quicker than that, I'll be surprised and delighted.

My best wishes to the technical staff here and the moderators. You guys have your work cut out for you and I don't envy you at all! Good luck!

Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#53 of 68 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,360 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 07:16 AM

Harry, Thanks for the vote of support. We are very much looking forward to being in charge of our own destiny moving forward. Thanks, in advance, for everyone's patience as we get up and rolling over the next few weeks.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#54 of 68 OFFLINE   Harry-N

Harry-N

Screenwriter

• 2,320 posts
  • LocationSunny Central Florida

Posted March 14 2013 - 07:29 AM

All the best, Ron! Harry
My DVD Collection

A fugitive moves on, through anguished tunnels of time, down dim streets, into dark corners. And each new day offers fear and frustration, tastes of honey and hemlock. But if there is a hazard, there is also hope. - Closing narration to THE FUGITIVE, "Death Is The Door Prize".

#55 of 68 ONLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,536 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted March 14 2013 - 07:52 AM

"It's going to be fun."     --some guy in some movie

#56 of 68 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,932 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted March 14 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chas in CT  "It's going to be fun."     --some guy in some movie
I LOVE that scene!

#57 of 68 OFFLINE   PatrickGoodluck

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:13 PM

Just popping in to wish you guys luck on the renovations. This is one of my favourite sites on the WWW without doubt. I have confidence that the change will be for the better once we all get accustomed to it. Best of Irish luck! See you on the flip side. :) Patrick

#58 of 68 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,360 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:14 PM

Patrick, You made my night, thanks.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#59 of 68 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

• 15,321 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:57 PM

Is it this weekend? Best of success!

#60 of 68 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,072 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 14 2013 - 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by DaveF  Is it this weekend? Best of success!
Starting tomorrow at approx 10AM PT  updates will be on our FB page.  I wouldn't anticipate we would be up any earlier than Sat afternoon as we need to convert the data, configure the site and do some testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users