What's new

Home Theater Forum is Moving. All Members Please Read! (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Hopefully things will be smoother than this Huddler system. I've personally disliked it from day one, but that may just be me. I'm rather easy to adapt to these kinds of changes, but the move from vBulletin to Huddler was a tough pill to swallow for me, and I've never really made my peace with it. In fact, just yesterday I attempted to post on this site with the new IE10 browser, and ran into many roadblocks. Best of luck to the owners and moderators, and I'll look forward to the new digs. Suggestion for everyone: Use the time the HTF is down to actually WATCH some movies! :) Harry

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Harry-N
Hopefully things will be smoother than this Huddler system. I've personally disliked it from day one, but that may just be me. I'm rather easy to adapt to these kinds of changes, but the move from vBulletin to Huddler was a tough pill to swallow for me, and I've never really made my peace with it. In fact, just yesterday I attempted to post on this site with the new IE10 browser, and ran into many roadblocks. Best of luck to the owners and moderators, and I'll look forward to the new digs. Suggestion for everyone: Use the time the HTF is down to actually WATCH some movies! :) Harry
Thanks for the great advice Harry. In an effort to keep the migration on schedule Dave, Kevin, Ron and I will try to resist the urge and try to stay focused.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Well Adam, you guys have the hard work, and I was more advising those of us who aren't involved in the migration. But, if I know anything, I know that there is "downtime" during these migrations. Still, for you guys, maybe a few hours of sleep would do better than another spin of CITIZEN KANE... :) Harry

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jimmy, We will still be located at hometheaterforum.com If you have individual forum areas bookmarked, however, those URL addresses will change.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
I don't care if it takes two days or two weeks. The improvements will be well worth the wait :D

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll probably be playing a bit of the rebooted Tomb Raider game. Just got it today.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich
Yes. We will no longer be using Huddlers hosting or forum software.
I'm thinking that's a good thing. I was never fond of the way things were on this system, and will look forward to a more user-friendly environment.
Harry

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Harry-N said:
I'm thinking that's a good thing. I was never fond of the way things were on this system, and will look forward to a more user-friendly environment. Harry
Yeah, what he said :)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Lromero1396
I don't care if it takes two days or two weeks. The improvements will be well worth the wait
Hopefully that is true. Having watched how smooth the Huddler thing went I will withhold judgement a bit. So what is the new platform going to be? Oh, and good luck!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As one of those who braved the transition to Huddler several years ago--along with many of you posting in this thread--I'll just caution what many of us already realize...that any such change is going to require a transition for all of us: from "how the forum will be organized" to 'how we navigate the forum." Speaking personally, I sometimes find these types of transitions to be difficult in terms of upsetting my "workflow" in accomplishing things on the forum.
So I just raise that issue as an opportunity to remind myself and anyone else that we will need to exercise patience when the forum returns after the move. Things WILL be different.
My expectations, though, are that once we get settled-in, most of us will be quite pleased with the new digs.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
As one of those who braved the transition to Huddler several years ago--along with many of you posting in this thread--I'll just caution what many of us already realize...that any such change is going to require a transition for all of us: from "how the forum will be organized" to 'how we navigate the forum." Speaking personally, I sometimes find these types of transitions to be difficult in terms of upsetting my "workflow" in accomplishing things on the forum.
So I just raise that issue as an opportunity to remind myself and anyone else that we will need to exercise patience when the forum returns after the move. Things WILL be different.
My expectations, though, are that once we get settled-in, most of us will be quite pleased with the new digs.
Thanks Mike.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by ChristopherG
Originally Posted by Lromero1396
I don't care if it takes two days or two weeks. The improvements will be well worth the wait
Hopefully that is true. Having watched how smooth the Huddler thing went I will withhold judgement a bit. So what is the new platform going to be? Oh, and good luck!
We researched a lot of different platforms and versions and have settled on migrating to IP.Board. We are currently working on the skin and some customizations. There is a chance not all of them will be ready on launch day, but they will be soon after. Unlike the earlier transition, this time we get to make the call with what we do to the site. Our first priority is to get all the posts and images ported over and then hang the curtains.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
"This new forum is horrible. I don't know how to post. I can't find anything. Bring back the old one!" Figured I'd get it out in advance. ;) Looking forward to the move. Onward and upward (or something).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks