-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie with a setup question

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ugaz71

ugaz71

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 04:19 AM

Ok so last night I saw my friends new system and he had BIC RTR http://www.amazon.co...54468334&sr=8-1 a pair being pushed by a Sony str520 amp. It sounded awesome. Is this amp something you would use to push them? I think I am going to do the same setup unless anyone has any other recommendations. I am just looking for loud good sound and it fit pretty well. Open to any suggestions. Thanks

#2 of 5 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 13,162 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted December 02 2012 - 04:45 AM

The BIC RTR are efficient speakers. Every single amp/AVR created will push 8ohm efficient speakers. Even a Sony.

#3 of 5 ugaz71

ugaz71

Auditioning

• 13 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 04:55 AM

Sorry I didn't word that the way I wanted. I meant is this amp ok or should I use a PA system amp? I am very new to this please bear with me. Trying to do my research on this in the meantime

#4 of 5 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,148 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:06 AM

A standard amp/receiver is the right driver for those speakers. The Sony is fine.

#5 of 5 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,860 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:41 AM

To put it another way: how "loud" a system gets is much more a function of the efficiency of the speakers than of the wattage of the receiver/amp behind them.

If you have efficient speakers like those BICs, then it really doesn't matter what you have powering them.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users