Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2012

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 of 77 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:20 AM

Once again, what a week.

Got the UK Monsters set on its way, so I should hopefully have it by the end of the week.  Other than that, just Cinderella for me.  (I think!)  I'll try using the coupon on the 2-disc set.

Received my Bond 50 yesterday, and am glad I don't even have to THINK about that again for a while!  

Thanks as always, Mike!

#22 of 77 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'll want those John Waynes someday, but they're just going to have to wait.

#23 of 77 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 30 2012 - 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chas in CT /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012#post_3981877

I'll want those John Waynes someday, but they're just going to have to wait.

Besides the two posters I included in the "Specials" section, Night Riders and Three Texas Steers are among those early Wayne pix released this week. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#24 of 77 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 30 2012 - 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012#post_3981794

Ken has posted his review of Dark Shadows

Added a link to the OP.  Thanks, Adam...and Ken!  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#25 of 77 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted September 30 2012 - 10:47 AM

It would be interesting to see what's in Mill Creek's "Midnight Horror Collection". Even Mill Creek's own site doesn't give a listing. But I have their Victory At Sea release and they appear to be a quality budget DVD presser.
So Universal is also releasing UK BRD in region free format. I got the UK LOA last week - it takes awhile to arrive Royal Mail but it was still quicker than waiting for the US LOA BRD. If Sony and Universal release region free BRDs, does this mean BRD region coding is mostly a dead issue? :confused:

The coding comes in play when a company only has regional rights to a title, like Criterion in the US or Masters of Cinema in the UK.

Since Universal owns these titles worldwide that's why they aren't region coded.
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#26 of 77 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,508 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 12:01 PM

Renting Dark Shadows because itLOOKS visually interesting, but I'm a HUGE fan of the original and am a bit apprehensive about the story...   I'm keeping that Universal UK set in the back of my mind for a possible future purchase!   Thanks, Mike...just think, the WRU will be getting REALLY big for the next twelve weeks!

#27 of 77 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,273 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted September 30 2012 - 12:29 PM

I just watched Dark Shadows and the title is also descriptive of most of the movie. There was a few chuckles but not much else worth watching it for. It was pretty dull overall in pq and story.
facebook.com/whotony

#28 of 77 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 30 2012 - 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012#post_3981945

Thanks, Mike...just think, the WRU will be getting REALLY big for the next twelve weeks!

There is a LOT of stuff coming out between now and the end of the year.  A LOT of stuff. 

I organize my new release lists a month at a time.  In other words, I put together all of the October release dates a week or so ago.  I fear what November is going to look like when I get those lists together. 

#29 of 77 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted September 30 2012 - 03:19 PM

By the way, the two-disc Blu of Cinderella is on its way to me from Amazon...along with the deluxe edition of Diana Krall's new CDPosted Image

I'm thrilled that a widescreen version of Annie has been released on Blu..but I never really liked the movie version of the show.  It's been a while and maybe I should give it another chance...but I don't think so.  I'll stick with my DVD of the Disney version of Annie with Victor Garber, Kathy Bates, Audra MacDonald and Alan Cumming.

#30 of 77 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,634 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 06:30 PM

I wonder if the $5 Cinderella coupon will work on the jewelry box set. What do y'all think? I'll be picking up Cinderella and the Universal Monsters collection this week. Although I'm familiar with them, I've never really seen the movies in the Monsters set, at least not properly. I've seen them on TV of course, but never all the way through in one sitting. Mike, thanks as always for the great work, but especially during such a busy week.

#31 of 77 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,463 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 30 2012 - 06:52 PM

I wonder if the $5 Cinderella coupon will work on the jewelry box set. What do y'all think?

I'd say try it. The worst that can happen is that they say no.

#32 of 77 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,273 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 07:14 PM

Those coupons have been working on any version of the movies at Target during the last year or so.
facebook.com/whotony

#33 of 77 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

• 4,290 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted September 30 2012 - 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by TonyD /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012/30#post_3982107

Those coupons have been working on any version of the movies at Target during the last year or so.

That's nice to know.  Thanks for the heads up.

#34 of 77 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:51 PM

Universal Monsters from Amazon US for me this week. Cinderella and Annie will have to wait until next month.

#35 of 77 OFFLINE   DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,634 posts

Posted September 30 2012 - 08:51 PM

I plan on giving the coupon a try on Tuesday. I guess we'll see.

#36 of 77 OFFLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,821 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi Mike - my review of Pet Sematary can be found here.

Thanks!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#37 of 77 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 01 2012 - 11:25 AM

Thanks, Neil!  A link has been added to the OP.

#38 of 77 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,491 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted October 01 2012 - 06:08 PM

A link to Kevin's "preview" review of the Universal Monsters Collection can be found in the OP.    Most of it is pretty darn good, he says.

#39 of 77 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted October 01 2012 - 09:37 PM

If anyone can confirm one way or the other about whether Target and/ or Best Buy have the Bond exclusives in stock, please post. I plan on getting up early to pick up all 9 movies but I'd probably just order online if only Walmart has there's.

#40 of 77 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,273 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 09:52 PM

If anyone can confirm one way or the other about whether Target and/ or Best Buy have the Bond exclusives in stock, please post. I plan on getting up early to pick up all 9 movies but I'd probably just order online if only Walmart has there's.

No one will knkw until tomorrow.
facebook.com/whotony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users