Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2012 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Once again, what a week.

Got the UK Monsters set on its way, so I should hopefully have it by the end of the week. Other than that, just Cinderella for me. (I think!) I'll try using the coupon on the 2-disc set.

Received my Bond 50 yesterday, and am glad I don't even have to THINK about that again for a while!

Thanks as always, Mike!

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'll want those John Waynes someday, but they're just going to have to wait.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chas in CT /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012#post_3981877
I'll want those John Waynes someday, but they're just going to have to wait.

Besides the two posters I included in the "Specials" section, Night Riders and Three Texas Steers are among those early Wayne pix released this week.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Dennis Nicholls said:
It would be interesting to see what's in Mill Creek's "Midnight Horror Collection". Even Mill Creek's own site doesn't give a listing. But I have their Victory At Sea release and they appear to be a quality budget DVD presser.
So Universal is also releasing UK BRD in region free format. I got the UK LOA last week - it takes awhile to arrive Royal Mail but it was still quicker than waiting for the US LOA BRD. If Sony and Universal release region free BRDs, does this mean BRD region coding is mostly a dead issue? :confused:
The coding comes in play when a company only has regional rights to a title, like Criterion in the US or Masters of Cinema in the UK.
Since Universal owns these titles worldwide that's why they aren't region coded.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Renting Dark Shadows because itLOOKS visually interesting, but I'm a HUGE fan of the original and am a bit apprehensive about the story...

I'm keeping that Universal UK set in the back of my mind for a possible future purchase!

Thanks, Mike...just think, the WRU will be getting REALLY big for the next twelve weeks!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I just watched Dark Shadows and the title is also descriptive of most of the movie.
There was a few chuckles but not much else worth watching it for. It was pretty dull overall in pq and story.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012#post_3981945
Thanks, Mike...just think, the WRU will be getting REALLY big for the next twelve weeks!

There is a LOT of stuff coming out between now and the end of the year. A LOT of stuff.

I organize my new release lists a month at a time. In other words, I put together all of the October release dates a week or so ago. I fear what November is going to look like when I get those lists together.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
By the way, the two-disc Blu of Cinderella is on its way to me from Amazon...along with the deluxe edition of Diana Krall's new CD.

I'm thrilled that a widescreen version of Annie has been released on Blu..but I never really liked the movie version of the show. It's been a while and maybe I should give it another chance...but I don't think so. I'll stick with my DVD of the Disney version of Annie with Victor Garber, Kathy Bates, Audra MacDonald and Alan Cumming.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wonder if the $5 Cinderella coupon will work on the jewelry box set. What do y'all think?
I'll be picking up Cinderella and the Universal Monsters collection this week. Although I'm familiar with them, I've never really seen the movies in the Monsters set, at least not properly. I've seen them on TV of course, but never all the way through in one sitting.
Mike, thanks as always for the great work, but especially during such a busy week.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Those coupons have been working on any version of the movies at Target during the last year or so.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by TonyD /t/324108/weekly-roundup-10-2-2012/30#post_3982107
Those coupons have been working on any version of the movies at Target during the last year or so.

That's nice to know. Thanks for the heads up.

Universal Monsters from Amazon US for me this week. Cinderella and Annie will have to wait until next month.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I plan on giving the coupon a try on Tuesday. I guess we'll see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A link to Kevin's "preview" review of the Universal Monsters Collection can be found in the OP.

Most of it is pretty darn good, he says.

If anyone can confirm one way or the other about whether Target and/ or Best Buy have the Bond exclusives in stock, please post. I plan on getting up early to pick up all 9 movies but I'd probably just order online if only Walmart has there's.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rob Kilbride said:
If anyone can confirm one way or the other about whether Target and/ or Best Buy have the Bond exclusives in stock, please post. I plan on getting up early to pick up all 9 movies but I'd probably just order online if only Walmart has there's.
No one will knkw until tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks