Weekly RoundUp 10-2-2012

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

GREAT story, Reggie! Thanks for taking the time to transcribe and share it.

THAT'S the Best Buy we've all come to know and love...

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Yup, thank you Reggie! I like the WRU's where we have funny/out of the ordinary stories to share. I can't wait for next week!!

3. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Yes, next week, when there is something I want being released lol.

4. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

A link to Matt's review of In the Mood for Love (CC) has been put in the OP.

5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Thanks, Mike. Criterion was late getting the review disc to me. I wish they'd be early with their remaining titles for the month (since they include ROSEMARY'S BABY and SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY).

6. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Did you check behind the Hello Kitty merchandise? :D

7. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I was able to grab the Universal Monsters Set at Costco. $97.99 as Cameron found.

8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    :laugh:

10. Reggie W

Reggie W Cinematographer

Gregory Arkadin
    Amazing! As directed by this website rather than going to anymore regular WalMart stores...which I guess are a separate company from SuperWalmart and of course WalMart.com has nothing to do with any brick & mortar store with the name WalMart on it, Super or not...I entered a Super WalMart last night and headed for the DVD and blu-ray department.
    Once there I wandered about looking for any sign of Bond films on blu-ray. Finding nothing I located a store employee that gave me a suspicious look when I asked about Bond and then pressed a button on his belt, said something into a microphone, told me to wait where I was and wandered off. Seconds later two amazingly hot women in blue mini-skirts and bikini tops with the WalMart Star where their nipples were appeared and asked me to go with them.
    They led me through a maze of aisles, one on each arm, to a Hello Kitty display against a wall near the back of the store. One of these luscious ladies left my side and pressed the nose of a Hello Kitty cat face and to my great surprise the entire display moved forward then slid to the side revealing a long dark tunnel with strips of blue light running along the ceiling far into the distance.
    We stepped into the tunnel and the door slid closed behind us. One of the woman motioned toward a blue and white racing car styled golf cart and the three of us got in. Seeing the suspicious look now on my face the blonde asked me "What's the matter, you don't like blondes or brunettes?" as the brunette smiled and started the cart up.
    I replied "I have no problem with either as long as the collars match the cuffs."
    She said we'd see about that and offered me a martini as we sped along the tunnel.
    "Shaken, not stirred." I said.
    We soon arrived at what appeared to be a dead end but as we climbed out of the cart and made our way to what I thought was just a wall the doors to an elevator slid open and the brunette said "Into the lift...or should I say elevator." in a very sexy British accent.
    The three of us got in and the blonde purred into my ear "Press the button with a 'B' on it, for Bond of course."
    I pressed and the elevator took off, climbing at a rapid rate.
    The door opened and to my astonishment there stood a large display of Bond films on blu-ray and DVD. I walked over to it and selected a copy of Diamonds Are Forever on blu and turned to my two delicious companions.
    "Now, about those collars and cuffs..." I said with a smile.
    "Yes," said the blonde "right this way." and as I stepped toward them a trap door in floor opened and suddenly I was rocketing down a slide in the dark. I crashed through a door into bright light and found myself splayed on the floor in a check out line at the front of the Super Walmart. The woman in front of me with a cart full of diapers and diet soda gave me a dirty look and a harrumph and turned back to placing her items on the belt.
    I guess there is good reason they call them "SUPER" Walmart!
    [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

11. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

The only thing missing from the start of that post is "Dear Penthouse: I never thought this would happen to me..."

12. David Weicker

David Weicker Cinematographer

David
    I think you were wrong about the tunnel lighting - possibly it was yellow or bright white. The "long dark tunnel with strips of blue light " made me think you had been transported to another store. :)
    David

13. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Put up the review this evening for SOUND OF MY VOICE. Here's the link:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/324226/sound-of-my-voice-blu-ray-review
    Thanks!

14. terry deto

terry deto Stunt Coordinator

Terry
    For bond fans
    ADELE - Skyfall

15. Reggie W

Reggie W Cinematographer

Gregory Arkadin
    Sorry, yes...ha...long way around of saying I found Diamonds Are Forever at a Super Wal-Mart which I guess are the only Wal-Mart locations that have it for whatever reason. Anyway, I did find it odd that they would only have them at certain stores as the Bond stuff priced at $9.98 seems like it would sell quite well. Odd marketing strategy on these...I think they could have moved plenty of product had they just got it out there.

16. terry deto

terry deto Stunt Coordinator

Terry
    used the Disney coupon at walmart to get their Cinderella with the metal bank.

17. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

LOVE this!