What's new

2 Broke Girls - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Doubt we'll get too much traffic in this thread throughout the season, but the 2nd season premiere is on tonight on CBS in the 9 p.m. EDT slot.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I admit I actually like this show. I am looking forward to the new season. I think it will fit in nicely on Mondays.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Stumbled across this last year just flipping channels. It's actually a very funny show. Not one for the kids, a lot of adult humor, but much better than I ever expected.
How I Met Your Mother is getting a bit old and repetitive, I've also lost interest in Mike and Molly.
Looking forward to Partners and 2 Broke Girls for my Monday night comedy fix.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
It's not the best, but it is consistent. It fills a gap well on Monday's.
I noticed the other show by Whitney Cummings that actually starred Whitney Cummings got the axe. I'm sure that has caused some interesting tension in the back room for this show...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
McPaul said:
I noticed the other show by Whitney Cummings that actually starred Whitney Cummings got the axe. I'm sure that has caused some interesting tension in the back room for this show...
Whitney isn't cancelled, but it was only renewed for a shortened 13 episode second season and will air on Fridays beginning October 19.
I always think it drags down 2 Broke Girls when they spend a lot of time on Caroline's past and dealing with her father. Not one of their better episodes, and disappointing for a season premiere.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Canceled the Season Pass and stopped watching. This season fell apart. The "humor" is now only an effort to out-raunch themselves episode to episode, playing on the fact that there hasn't been a "Two and a Half Men" comedy for women. But they've let go of the need to actually be funny. The story also become erratic, with the original conceit of tracking success and failure toward the cupcake business effectively lost in the morass. There was also the 'revelation' last season that Max really just uses box mix, which undercut the entire idea of a downtrod underdog in Max. A more recent episode has Caroline stealing from the diner's supplies to make her cupcakes; that's not funny and pretty terrible.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by DaveF
Canceled the Season Pass and stopped watching. This season fell apart. The "humor" is now only an effort to out-raunch themselves episode to episode, playing on the fact that there hasn't been a "Two and a Half Men" comedy for women. But they've let go of the need to actually be funny.
The story also become erratic, with the original conceit of tracking success and failure toward the cupcake business effectively lost in the morass. There was also the 'revelation' last season that Max really just uses box mix, which undercut the entire idea of a downtrod underdog in Max. A more recent episode has Caroline stealing from the diner's supplies to make her cupcakes; that's not funny and pretty terrible.
Man, I 'm glad to see someone else feel that way. Never really watched this show, but caught a few minutes of a recent episode and was actually shocked at what was passing for sitcom these days...I am by no means a prude, but just going for the raunch without a trace of intelligence or subtlety....pathetic

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I dumped this show after 2 episodes of this season. Only reason to watch was for Kat Dannings, but even that was no longer enough to endure the show that is dirty, just for the sake of being dirty. And not even funny most of times, like a very bad episode of Family Guy.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit I actually enjoy the show. Raunchy and fairly adult humor, definitely not for kids, but it's enjoyable. Don't enjoy the Polish Sophie character, way over the top and completely slutty, but other than that it's a pretty funny "insult" type of sitcom.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit I actually enjoy the show. Raunchy and fairly adult humor, definitely not for kids, but it's enjoyable. Don't enjoy the Polish Sophie character, way over the top and completely slutty, but other than that it's a pretty funny "insult" type of sitcom.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I like it, too. And considering it's one of the top rated sitcoms, we're not alone.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
ChristopherG said:
Man, I 'm glad to see someone else feel that way.  Never really watched this show, but caught a few minutes of a recent episode and was actually shocked at what was passing for sitcom these days...I am by no means a prude, but just going for the raunch without a trace of intelligence or subtlety....pathetic
Couldn't agree more with these comments and those like them. I thought maybe being a conservative it just wasn't my show, but still not a prude for actual comedy at the right time. All these shows are is one-liners, it's not dialog because there is no writing to the script. Just one sentence, laugh track and keep repeating. It fails to make any impact after awhile and you realize just how bad it is. Like stand up comedy, using profanity every now and then at the right time can make an impact in the right way, even if a bit dirty. But shows like this simply have no talent or script at all to them and forget about "acting" because it has none. That's why I watch sitcoms the '70s, '80s and '90s mostly. Ones like Cheers, Home Improvement, Wings, Frasier, Seinfield and Friends among others. Those were sitcoms and a masterpiece compared to the trash that's been on the past 10 years or so. It's like nobody can come up with any good ideas or knows how to write a real sitcom anymore. Maybe, it's simply a lack of talent all the way around from the writers, producers and actors, but no matter what, they don't make them like that any more.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
Couldn't agree more with these comments and those like them. I thought maybe being a conservative it just wasn't my show, but still not a prude for actual comedy at the right time. All these shows are is one-liners, it's not dialog because there is no writing to the script. Just one sentence, laugh track and keep repeating. It fails to make any impact after awhile and you realize just how bad it is. Like stand up comedy, using profanity every now and then at the right time can make an impact in the right way, even if a bit dirty. But shows like this simply have no talent or script at all to them and forget about "acting" because it has none. That's why I watch sitcoms the '70s, '80s and '90s mostly. Ones like Cheers, Home Improvement, Wings, Frasier, Seinfield and Friends among others. Those were sitcoms and a masterpiece compared to the trash that's been on the past 10 years or so. It's like nobody can come up with any good ideas or knows how to write a real sitcom anymore. Maybe, it's simply a lack of talent all the way around from the writers, producers and actors, but no matter what, they don't make them like that any more.
The shows you mention were obviously much classier, more of the style I prefer, especially Wings and Frasier. But 2 Broke Girls just clicks with me. It's rude and very inappropriate humor, but it works. I enjoy many styles of entertainment and this one happens to be really fun to watch. Never even realized it until you mentioned it, but it is essentially one-liner jokes with very little storyline, but I like it.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I've been watching it since the pilot aired, and I'm ashamed to say that it has grown on me A LOT over these 2 seasons. The crass-ness of it all never really bothered me, I'm just not easily offended. But when the show was in it's first season, I thought that a lot of the dirty jokes weren't all that funny, just from the stand point of not being very cleverly thought out gags. But the laughs have improved GREATLY, esecially since season 2 started. The acting is AWFUL, though. Especially Stifler's mom. It's like nails on a chalk board whenever she talks. But regardless, I enjoy watching it. It's like the Ke$ha of sitcoms; you feel like you need to take a shower afterwards, but there's just something that keeps you coming back.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Tommy R said:
I've been watching it since the pilot aired, and I'm ashamed to say that it has grown on me A LOT over these 2 seasons. The crass-ness of it all never really bothered me, I'm just not easily offended. But when the show was in it's first season, I thought that a lot of the dirty jokes weren't all that funny, just from the stand point of not being very cleverly thought out gags. But the laughs have improved GREATLY, esecially since season 2 started. The acting is AWFUL, though. Especially Stifler's mom. It's like nails on a chalk board whenever she talks. But regardless, I enjoy watching it. It's like the Ke$ha of sitcoms; you feel like you need to take a shower afterwards, but there's just something that keeps you coming back.
Must be having a temporary brain cramp, but who the heck is Stiffler and who played his mother? Missed a few episodes here and there, so maybe lost a little info. To bad Caroline lost her boyfriend with the candy shop, I thought he fit in great with the rest of the cast, a touch of a somebody normal. Sad to see him written out.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Tommy R said:
Must be having a temporary brain cramp, but who the heck is Stiffler and who played his mother? Missed a few episodes here and there, so maybe lost a little info. To bad Caroline lost her boyfriend with the candy shop, I thought he fit in great with the rest of the cast, a touch of a somebody normal. Sad to see him written out.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Stifler is a character from the American Pie movie's, and in those movie his character's mom is played by the same actress who plays Sophie on 2 Broke Girls. lol! ;) I sometimes also refer to her as "Hottie Police officer", which was her role in the movie A Night at the Roxbury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks