Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Community Season 4

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#121 of 140 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,597 posts

Posted May 11 2013 - 01:51 AM

Well, I'll watch it but I won't like it. ;-)Seriously though, this is their chance to evaluate and hopefully course correct.

I agree that they could use this next season to sharpen it up like it needs to be.

I was floored when it got renewed for season five.

There is a rumor that Dan Harmon may return for season five.

all-banner.jpg

#122 of 140 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 10:39 AM

I don't think it's rumor any more.  Dan is back or it is some huge and cruel joke.

cSnfl6p.jpeg

#123 of 140 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 10:40 AM

More details:  http://www.hitfix.co...-save-community

According to Sepinwall, a lot of cast members were unhappy with season 4's scripts too.

Anyway, I had heard the rumors but when he addressed it on his podcast a few months ago, Harmon really made it sound like it wasn't going to happen.  Pleasantly surprised to see that's changed.

Edited by Joe_H, June 01 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#124 of 140 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 01 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm even more shocked (and very happy) about Dan Harmon returning than I was shocked about the show's return.

That being said, I have to wonder what Sony was thinking because they're going to have the same exact problems with Harmon that they did before.

#125 of 140 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 11:09 AM

Yeah, I kind of wonder if McHale just flat out threatened to leave the show or something.  I mean he does have two jobs already anyway.

#126 of 140 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted June 01 2013 - 11:15 AM

It's definitely an odd move, but Sony really has nothing to lose. The ratings didn't show an improvement with Harman gone and people were unhappy, so why not? I don't see it as conciliatory act though, just business.
One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#127 of 140 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,389 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted June 01 2013 - 12:01 PM

That being said, I have to wonder what Sony was thinking because they're going to have the same exact problems with Harmon that they did before.

They were in a situation before where there was too much bad blood between Harmon and Chase. Since Chase has left the series, that's one less issue they have to deal with. Apparently the other baggage that comes with Harmon was seen as surmountable.

#128 of 140 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,460 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 06:37 AM

I'm shocked.

Edited by Hanson, June 02 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#129 of 140 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 08 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm jazzed. This could be an epic blowout season.

#130 of 140 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

Screenwriter

• 2,512 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted July 08 2013 - 04:34 PM

Ugh. Glover is gone after 5 episodes. This show is cursed.

#131 of 140 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts

Posted July 08 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm guessing his 5 episodes will be spread out. I get that Donald Glover wants to get his movie career going (which, given his talent, could actually be quite large) but it sucks that he's abandoning the show to do it.

#132 of 140 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,917 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted July 21 2013 - 09:08 AM

Season five spoilers and info.  Dan Harmon interview:

#133 of 140 ONLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:07 PM

OH SWEET FUCKING FUCK YES

Jonathan Banks to Join Community as New Professor.

If only Chevy Chase were still with the show, Harmon would undoubtedly be putting together a "Gus/Mike" reunion episode(s) right this very second.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#134 of 140 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:13 PM

Where have you been all season Josh?

#135 of 140 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:18 PM

I'm just glad that they've got Banks for so many episodes. Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were great casting choices but their characters didn't really mean much since they both ended up being in so few episodes (I think Williams was only in 2 or 3 and then was gone).

#136 of 140 ONLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hey, Cameron! Had to undergo a fair bit of medical issues this past spring, which kept me off the boards (and away from work),  but very glad to be back and posting once again with everyone here. :)

When they announced Harmon's return a few months back (as well as Chris McKenna's), it was some very, very positive news for me. This news sure makes it sound like the show's back on the right track once again.

(My only issue: How the hell are they going to explain away Greendale suddenly being located in Belize??)

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#137 of 140 ONLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,099 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm just glad that they've got Banks for so many episodes. Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were great casting choices but their characters didn't really mean much since they both ended up being in so few episodes (I think Williams was only in 2 or 3 and then was gone).

Yeah, was thrilled to see that, too -- it's almost as if they're working Banks in as a quasi-Pierce-replacement or something.

Which, incidentally, I don't mind one little bit.

EDIT:  Also, between this, Parks & Rec, and Axe Cop, Banks is certainly landing lots of comedy-work right now, which is great to see. His Breaking Bad role has really paid some strong late-career dividends for him lately.

EDIT #2:  ...Aaaaaaand it would appear that I'm not the only one making "Belize"-jokes either right now, judging by that IGN article's user-comments section.

Edited by joshEH, August 20 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#138 of 140 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,898 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 20 2013 - 04:10 PM

Does Jim Rash do the voiceover for the family at the kitchen table in the Volkswagen ad?  I'm almost 100% certain it has to be.  

#139 of 140 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,644 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted August 20 2013 - 05:38 PM

Hey, Cameron! Had to undergo a fair bit of medical issues this past spring, which kept me off the boards (and away from work), but very glad to be back and posting once again with everyone here. :)

When they announced Harmon's return a few months back (as well as Chris McKenna's), it was some very, very positive news for me. This news sure makes it sound like the show's back on the right track once again.

(My only issue: How the hell are they going to explain away Greendale suddenly being located in Belize??)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe it's no coincidence you weren't feeling well during the fourth season. ;)

#140 of 140 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, I thought both of their guest appearances were completely and totally wasted.  I enjoyed them, but Goodman's character especially was just odd and felt like it was building to something, then ended with no payoff.  Williams' character was just there, mostly unremarkable except during the Law & Order parody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users