What's new

Community Season 4 (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I'm assuming some guy with Photoshop, way too much time on his hands, and probably some issues. I got it from Buzzfeed.
Which reminds me, has Marvel said who the female lead in Cap 2 is? I know Brie was actually in the running at one point.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
They said that we will be getting the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes as planned but will have them in February.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
So apparently Megan Ganz (who was one of the few old writers who stuck around, if I'm not mistaken it was only her and another person or two) is leaving to work on Modern Family. She's finishing up the last of the work she had for season 4 but didn't want to wait in limbo about a fifth season. http://www.reddit.com/r/community/comments/15v5nn/does_anyone_know_how_long_it_takes_paper_mache_to/ I'm kind of doubtful that there will be anything past this season 4, so it probably won't matter much anyway, but still.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
If NBC really wanted to give this show a chance, they would not put it on against the #1 comedy show on TV at the moment. To make matters worse, both Community and Big Bang Theory have the same audience. It makes no sense to me at all why NBC would not just put community on 30 minutes later, or on another night. As much as I enjoy Community, I will watch BBT live and record Community. I have a feeling that most will do the same.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Scott-S
To make matters worse, both Community and Big Bang Theory have the same audience.
That sound you hear is JoshEH (aka "Evil Josh") grinding his teeth.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Scott-S said:
If NBC really wanted to give this show a chance, they would not put it on agains the #1 comedy show on TV att he moment. To make matters worse, both Community and Big Bang Theory have the same audience. It makes no sense to me at all why NBD would not just put community on 30 minutes later, or on another night. As much as I enjoy Community, I will watch BBT live and record Community. I have a feeling that most will do the same.
I'll watch Community live over Big Bang Theory any day.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch a test pattern over The Big Bang Theory any day. That being said, I'm sure most people who are fans of both would rather watch BBT live and then catch Community when they get the opportunity.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The only thing that I hate about The Big Bang Theory is the horrible theme song. And the intro is long enough to have opening credits in it, yet doesn't have it. I know, it's an old timer nitpick, but annoys me in many ways. But that is not the only show that Community have to worry about. There is that singing reality show that is scheduled against it as well. The sad thing is that I don't know anyone who has even heard of this show, as oppose to the other NBC comedies. I knew one person who said that they watch some of the NBC shows, but when asking them if they watch Community, the person had a confused look, as if saying "I never heard of it".

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Well, that was awful. Community is dead. Thanks NBC for killing one of the few shows I watch. Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Todd H said:
Well, that was awful. Community is dead. Thanks NBC for killing one of the few shows I watch.
Interesting. I enjoyed the episode for the most part. I did get a feeling in the middle that someone was consciously trying to do things that people expect from "Community," and may have come close to crossing the line into stupidity, but overall I got a "we are genuinely trying to make the show you are expecting, please stick with us," vibe. EDIT: I realize that seems like I am damning the new version of "Community" with faint praise, that was not the intent. I was merely trying to be honest.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I'll be in a minority but I thought the episode was about average for Community. I've certainly seen worse episodes during the 'Harmon era'. Don't get me wrong, Harmon swung for the fence and many times, he'd hit a homerun but other times, he'd strike out. This episode sure wasn't a homerun but it sure wasn't a strike out either.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Well, I thought it was funnier than some episodes of the previous three seasons... but some of those unfunny episodes were still pretty high on my top episodes. In terms of actually enjoying it, I'd say this was definitely on the low end. It wasn't horrible by any means, but it did feel like it was missing just a little bit of a spark (though, of course, that could just be in my head, since obviously I know the creator of the show is gone). One of the comments put out there by Alan Sepinwall at Hitfix is that in past seasons when they parodied something, that they had a core understanding of what they were parodying (his example is Megan Ganz loving Law & Order, and then writing Basic Lupine Urology), and here they just sort of use the "Hunger Deans" as an excuse to put Pelton in costumes and to put the characters in a ridiculous situation, without actually understanding the source so well. I'm not quite sure that's exactly it, but it doesn't help. What concerns me much more than that though is that most of the reviews I've read say that this was the stronger of the two episodes shown to critics.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The show definitely had a tone of wanting to prove something – i.e. that nothing has changed. Unfortunately, the thinking seemed to be that it would take running through a series of "Community" tropes to make that point. We had Abed getting lost in his own head space because he can't handle the idea of change (and some requisite faux TV show and animated material), Jeff trying to be a better person and learning what that really means, and Troy having a hard time coping without his best friend. It all felt sort of regressive because it was rehashing old material and disregarding any character growth we saw from the last season. When fans said they didn't want anything to change, that didn't mean they just wanted to be served leftovers dressed up like new entrees. I'm not sure why the writers didn't get that.

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
That was not good, and that's being nice. I really wanted to turn it off, and that's a first as a day one Community fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks