What's new

Community Season 4 (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Cameron Yee said:
Well, I'll watch it but I won't like it. ;-)Seriously though, this is their chance to evaluate and hopefully course correct.
I agree that they could use this next season to sharpen it up like it needs to be.I was floored when it got renewed for season five.There is a rumor that Dan Harmon may return for season five.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I don't think it's rumor any more. Dan is back or it is some huge and cruel joke.

cSnfl6p.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm even more shocked (and very happy) about Dan Harmon returning than I was shocked about the show's return.

That being said, I have to wonder what Sony was thinking because they're going to have the same exact problems with Harmon that they did before.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Yeah, I kind of wonder if McHale just flat out threatened to leave the show or something. I mean he does have two jobs already anyway.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's definitely an odd move, but Sony really has nothing to lose. The ratings didn't show an improvement with Harman gone and people were unhappy, so why not? I don't see it as conciliatory act though, just business.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
That being said, I have to wonder what Sony was thinking because they're going to have the same exact problems with Harmon that they did before.
They were in a situation before where there was too much bad blood between Harmon and Chase. Since Chase has left the series, that's one less issue they have to deal with. Apparently the other baggage that comes with Harmon was seen as surmountable.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing his 5 episodes will be spread out. I get that Donald Glover wants to get his movie career going (which, given his talent, could actually be quite large) but it sucks that he's abandoning the show to do it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad that they've got Banks for so many episodes. Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were great casting choices but their characters didn't really mean much since they both ended up being in so few episodes (I think Williams was only in 2 or 3 and then was gone).

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Hey, Cameron! Had to undergo a fair bit of medical issues this past spring, which kept me off the boards (and away from work), but very glad to be back and posting once again with everyone here. :)

When they announced Harmon's return a few months back (as well as Chris McKenna's), it was some very, very positive news for me. This news sure makes it sound like the show's back on the right track once again.

(My only issue: How the hell are they going to explain away Greendale suddenly being located in Belize??)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
TravisR said:
I'm just glad that they've got Banks for so many episodes. Michael K. Williams and John Goodman were great casting choices but their characters didn't really mean much since they both ended up being in so few episodes (I think Williams was only in 2 or 3 and then was gone).
Yeah, was thrilled to see that, too -- it's almost as if they're working Banks in as a quasi-Pierce-replacement or something.

Which, incidentally, I don't mind one little bit.

EDIT: Also, between this, Parks & Rec, and Axe Cop, Banks is certainly landing lots of comedy-work right now, which is great to see. His Breaking Bad role has really paid some strong late-career dividends for him lately.

EDIT #2: ...Aaaaaaand it would appear that I'm not the only one making "Belize"-jokes either right now, judging by that IGN article's user-comments section.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Does Jim Rash do the voiceover for the family at the kitchen table in the Volkswagen ad? I'm almost 100% certain it has to be.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
joshEH said:
Hey, Cameron! Had to undergo a fair bit of medical issues this past spring, which kept me off the boards (and away from work), but very glad to be back and posting once again with everyone here. :)When they announced Harmon's return a few months back (as well as Chris McKenna's), it was some very, very positive news for me. This news sure makes it sound like the show's back on the right track once again.(My only issue: How the hell are they going to explain away Greendale suddenly being located in Belize??)
Glad to hear you're feeling better. Maybe it's no coincidence you weren't feeling well during the fourth season. ;)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
TravisR said:
Yeah, I thought both of their guest appearances were completely and totally wasted. I enjoyed them, but Goodman's character especially was just odd and felt like it was building to something, then ended with no payoff. Williams' character was just there, mostly unremarkable except during the Law & Order parody.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks