Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Grimm Season 2

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#1 of 144 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted August 13 2012 - 04:17 AM

Will be interested to read people's thoughts on tonight's second season premiere on NBC. Assuming it's still tonight that the second season of Grimm begins.

#2 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,696 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 13 2012 - 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

Will be interested to read people's thoughts on tonight's second season premiere on NBC. Assuming it's still tonight that the second season of Grimm begins.

Yes, the second season premiere is tonight at 10 on NBC. I have read that this season is going to be darker and more relentless and violent than season one. Will look carefully to see if there is evidence of that in this first episodes of the new season.

#3 of 144 David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,497 posts

Posted August 13 2012 - 12:46 PM

Why do people always talking about 'going darker' and 'more violent'. Why ruin a good show. I've never seen anything where 'going darker' made it more enjoyable or something I want to watch. David

#4 of 144 Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 279 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted August 13 2012 - 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by WaveCrest 

I suppose they advertised the fact that this was starting during the Olympics. That's what I get for not watching them. I missed it. I see it will be rerun Friday. Since when do we start new seasons in August?

#5 of 144 WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,075 posts

Posted August 14 2012 - 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mark_B 

I suppose they advertised the fact that this was starting during the Olympics. That's what I get for not watching them. I missed it. I see it will be rerun Friday. Since when do we start new seasons in August?

It's not very often that a new season of a show on US network TV starts in August. Yes, they've started later in the autumn/fall or started mid-season, but not normally in August. This is based on what I've gathered/read over the years about US TV.

Would assume (and this may not happen) that NBC will repeat the season premiere again before NBC premiere the next new episode.

#6 of 144 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,508 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted August 14 2012 - 01:49 PM

Yes, NBC is trying to get a jump on grabbing some of the TV audience that was hooked by their Olympic coverage to stick around and watch some of their shows. Traditionally, most US network series premiere their new seasons in mid/late September and end the following May. I believe the plan is to run new episodes of Grimm for four weeks on Mondays at 10PM, then an encore in the show's regular timeslot, Fridays at 9PM. Then after four weeks, the new episodes will premiere on Fridays. The ratings for the premiere were reasonably good considering it's really still "summer" in TV land. From TVbythenumbers dot com:

The Season 2 premiere of Grimm earned a 2.0 adults 18-49 rating, only a tenth lower than the season one premiere, which earned a 2.1 18-49 rating(its highest-rated episode to date).

I enjoyed the premiere, but was disappointed it was merely a Part I. I did think the creature effects got an upgrade (i.e. higher budget) from last season.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#7 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,696 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 14 2012 - 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Malcolm R 

I enjoyed the premiere, but was disappointed it was merely a Part I. I did think the creature effects got an upgrade (i.e. higher budget) from last season.

Same here, but TO BE CONTINUED!!!! Really? REALLY!

Argh!

#8 of 144 Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 954 posts

Posted August 15 2012 - 01:12 AM

Same here, but TO BE CONTINUED!!!! Really? REALLY! Argh!

I saw that when editing out the commercials. I'll wait a week to watch it. I HATE multi-part stories. Personally, I'm tired of dark, serialized dramas.

#9 of 144 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 15 2012 - 06:29 AM

Great episode. Everything I want from Grimm--Nick being badass, Monroe getting the good lines. Hank's freaking out, but he'll never show it to the world outside his apartment. I hope we find out what the heck the captain is this year.

#10 of 144 AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted August 16 2012 - 11:30 AM

I hope we find out what the heck the captain is this year.

I suspect that the Captain (being of the Royal Families) is Human. It was mentioned that the Royals used Wesen and then used the Grimm to keep the Wesen in line.

#11 of 144 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 16 2012 - 06:30 PM

I guess the question, then, is what side is he really on. And it comes down to what you're saying--he's playing both sides for his own advantage.

#12 of 144 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,175 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 22 2012 - 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by AlexF 

I suspect that the Captain (being of the Royal Families) is Human. It was mentioned that the Royals used Wesen and then used the Grimm to keep the Wesen in line.

He's royal, human and something else.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#13 of 144 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted August 22 2012 - 08:47 AM

Pretty momentous two-parter. We found out a little about the captain, said goodbye to a foe, and saw Rosalee become even more endearing. Nick will have to be extra cautious now that he's under the microscope. Staying vague 'cause I don't know when it airs in the UK.

#14 of 144 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted August 22 2012 - 02:33 PM

It's been a great start to the season and has picked up where it left off. Very happy it has steadily improved and is becoming a solid show.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#15 of 144 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,639 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted August 23 2012 - 05:49 PM

I just finished watching the Blu-ray of Season 1 and very pleased with where season 2 is headed.  Its going to be nice to find out more about how all the organizations (royals, grimms, reapers, etc) fit together.

#16 of 144 spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 289 posts

Posted August 24 2012 - 02:35 AM

The little reveal of the Captain was exactly what I needed.  It answered a big question but creates more.  I love this show.

I can't wait to see what direction they go with Hank.

#17 of 144 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,696 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted August 24 2012 - 08:30 AM

They do keep the twists coming. Just like I like it.

#18 of 144 Mark_B

Mark_B

Second Unit

• 279 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted August 26 2012 - 11:36 PM

Maybe someone can start a season 2 thread and move the appropriate posts over.

#19 of 144 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,996 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted August 26 2012 - 11:45 PM

As someone else pointed out, before Episode 3 airs, we should have a 2nd season thread.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#20 of 144 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,175 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted August 27 2012 - 12:01 AM

There, that's better.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users