Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor : One World (season 24)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#41 of 102 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,790 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 03:48 AM

Wow.  You gotta be happy about the elimination this week.   ...but I was concerned.     Survivor is notorious for manipulation -- making one believe that a particular person is going to be voted off and then it ends up being someone else.  This week's entire show was about voting Kat off the island and I was fearing that we were being misdirected.   However, there is something to be said about winning a  challenge and not strategically picking the right people. There is also something to be said about not being too bright.   I had to laugh at one point when Kat confessed early on  that she would be in the top 3.     As much as I dislike Alicia, I think this week's vote was the absolute best direction to go in.   It was very nice to  see Tarzan still in the game despite the fact that the men were seemingly being picked off one-by-one.     The strongest women have remained.  This is their game for certain.  It is my hope that either Sabrina or Kim wins it all.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#42 of 102 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted May 03 2012 - 06:06 AM

She did not look like she was having fun or was excited. A pretty thing, but, man is she shallow, dumb, and immature.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#43 of 102 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,247 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2012 - 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3922353 A pretty thing, but, man is she shallow, dumb, and immature.
  Completely, Hugh.   And like Phil pointed out above (and Kat herself pointed out over and over again)...that's all okay because she's "only 22."   Apparently she has no concept about being responsible for one's own actions.    ============= Whose pink tank top was Tarzan wearing in the tease for next week?!? 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#44 of 102 OFFLINE   MarkMel

MarkMel

Screenwriter

• 1,576 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 07:21 AM

She did not look like she was having fun or was excited. A pretty thing, but, man is she shallow, dumb, and immature.
And that scene she made with her cousin when she was talking in dolphin, what was that? Dropped down my list some after that. lol
"and no one seems to understand the glory of guitar, when out of tune, the off timing, the singers who can't sing, - the beauty of flaw!"

"I apologize if there is anyone in this room I have not offended" - Brahms

My Band - Charlie Don't Surf! https://www.facebook...arlieDontSurfCT

#45 of 102 OFFLINE   Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 578 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 12:07 PM

And that scene she made with her cousin when she was talking in dolphin, what was that? Dropped down my list some after that. lol
Did anyone else think her 'relationship' with her cousin was a bit 'weird'... they seem like they are very, 'very close'....

#46 of 102 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,790 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 12:56 PM

Quote:
Did anyone else think her 'relationship' with her cousin was a bit 'weird'... they seem like they are very, 'very close'...
    Phil, that certainly ran through my mind, but it's the kind of thing you think twice about suggesting openly.   ...but now that the Kat is out of the bag....

Ronald J Epstein

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#47 of 102 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,247 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 03 2012 - 01:01 PM

It was, definitely...creepy.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#48 of 102 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,790 posts

Posted May 03 2012 - 03:26 PM

Interesting news on Kat

Ronald J Epstein

#49 of 102 OFFLINE   Charlie Campisi

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter

• 1,535 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 05:48 AM

Great ep this week and the last few as well. Just goes to show that Survivor is a great concept when left to its basic elements. Start with two tribes, find out which is stronger and then watch as it turns into an individual game and the stronger tribe is forced to turn on each other. The show does not need all star or celebrity seasons or manipulations in the game play like exile island or redemption island. Even with a lackluster (and sometimes ugly - Colton and Alicia, I'm looking at you!) group of contestants, the basic game is intriguing and good entertainment. As a viewer, you can be dissatisfied with the contestants' play, actions or statements, but it's hard to be dissatisfied with the show if the producers leave the essence intact. I feel sorry for Kat. I look back on myself at 22 and I'd hate to have the world know about some of the decisions i made or things I said.

#50 of 102 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 11:38 AM

This is slowly changing into one of my least favorite seasons. My only hope is Sabrina steps it up, I do like her and she could pull it off. As for the others, this seems like the Kim and Chelsea show and everyone is afraid to fight back. Tough immunity challenge, but Kim got into the yoga, I'm calm and concentrating vibe, and didn't stress out, that's why she won. Hopefully immunity gets spread around a bit more in the last few episodes and some unexpected eliminations occur. I like Christina, but she just looks lost and defnitely not part of the clique. Plenty sad about Kat, but she made some major political mistakes, time to go. It was instant suicide when she chose who to accompany her on the reward challenge, pissed off pretty much everybody in the tribe. Made a terrible mistake taking Kim and Alicia, and to do what, pick their brains for strategy? Big backfire and really ticked off the people she should have taken.
Stan

#51 of 102 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,591 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/150#post_3922849 This is slowly changing into one of my least favorite seasons.
  I was out on this after the men went to tribal after winning immunity.  Never been happier about a TV watching decision...which is weird as I have been a hard core survivor fan since the beginning
It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#52 of 102 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,537 posts

Posted May 04 2012 - 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/150#post_3922581

Interesting news on Kat

Oh, okay. I thought "interesting" meant "Playboy".

#53 of 102 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,247 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 04 2012 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/150#post_3922897 Oh, okay. I thought "interesting" meant "Playboy".
  Maybe next week...

#54 of 102 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,264 posts

Posted May 09 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'll watch the finale on Sunday, hoping that Sabrina wins. If not it will just be one of those crabby bitches that makes it to the end. I guess I've always voted for the nicer people to win and even being nasty, sneaky backstabbers, they're obvsiously out to win, but they do it with a little dignity, respect to the other players and do their evil deeds behind the scenes. These women are just plain nasty, rude and have made the show bascially unwatchable. I would love for Sabrina to pull it off and . I also wouldn't mind the semi-oriental looking woman winning (not politically correct, but I can't remember her name). Anybody, even Tarzan. Hopefully during the question/answer period they'll blow it with their arrogance and "I'm so wonderful" attitude.
Stan

#55 of 102 ONLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,790 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 04:06 AM

There is no joy in winning a reward.   For whomever you pick to join you, there will always be angry teammates left behind and your ass goes up on the chopping block.   Poor Chelsea.     Fortunately for her, Tarzan is a guy and it was inevitable that the game come down to the final 5 women.   At this point I believe the game belongs to Kim or Sabrina.  If I had my pick, it would be Sabrina.  She seems to have been the most intelligently cool of the bunch.  

Ronald J Epstein

#56 of 102 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,051 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 06:53 AM

Unless Sabrina wins immunity at final 4, I don't think she'll get a chance to face the jury. And if Chelsea wins immunity at final 5, and Kim plays the idol, then Sabrina's in better shape (to join up and boot out Alicia or Christina). But if Chelsea doesn't have immunity, then she's at-risk unless Kim stands her ground and votes with Chelsea to boot out Alicia or Christina (depending on which doesn't have immunity). The best case for Kim is for Chelsea to win immunity so she doesn't have to chance giving Chelsea her HII if Kim wins immunity (and making enemies on the jury).
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#57 of 102 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,537 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 07:00 AM

Man, this season is really boring. The central problem is that Kim is running the show yet Kim is completely boring. Boring gameplay, boring to listen to, and boring to look at.  It's kind of like the Rob vs Russell season or Cook Islands where it's clear that one person is controlling the outcome, but Rob and Yul are much more interesting than Kim. The rest of the tribe just follows along and players like Alicia and Christina are infuriating in their inertia.

#58 of 102 OFFLINE   David Weicker

David Weicker

Screenwriter

• 1,798 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 07:21 AM

Man, this season is really boring. The central problem is that Kim is running the show yet Kim is completely boring. Boring gameplay, boring to listen to, and boring to look at.  It's kind of like the Rob vs Russell season or Cook Islands where it's clear that one person is controlling the outcome, but Rob and Yul are much more interesting than Kim. The rest of the tribe just follows along and players like Alicia and Christina are infuriating in their inertia.
Boring to look at????

#59 of 102 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,051 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 08:03 AM

Heh. Kim's got pretty blue eyes, and nice 'tasche going on there, but very tall, angular body type. Christina's still looking pretty nice, bod-wise, not totally devoid of body fat yet, though Chelsea's losing more body fat, looking really lean now.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#60 of 102 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,537 posts

Posted May 10 2012 - 08:10 AM

Kim looks like an ironing board with limbs. And a boring one at that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users