What's new

Survivor : One World (season 24) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Paul, I agree with others....you are missing much.

This season may not be the best to date, but it has remained
quite entertaining.

For those watching it, we all know that the men are going
to continue to be picked off one-by-one --- especially since
none of them are particularly liked by the women. This is
definitely going to be won by a woman, that is, unless
Troyzan can somehow keep winning immunity challenges.

Speaking of Troyzan, I may be in the minority here, but
I am kind of rooting for him. I understand why he's in a
panic. Certainly, if he can remain competitive and keep
winning immunity challenges, I would be very happy to
see him make it to the end.

My money is still on Kim or Sabrina.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The problem with Troyzan's game is that he forgets that even if he wins out and makes the final 3, his behavior has garnered him very little support with the jury members. His social game is crap.
Too bad Tarzan didn't go for the 3-3-3 tie with his vote against Leif (and not Kim). Has Survivor ever had a 3-way tie vote with 9 people left?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, Patrick, I had forgotten about that.

Even if Troyzan had made it to the end he would still
have to face a jury of his peers for his actions.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Christina blew the auction challenge for sure, but her body's been looking pretty sweet, enjoyed the quick camera fly-over when she was voting at Tribal Council.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I was very critical of Christina and Alicia's inaction towards flipping last night, but I've since changed my mind.

That flip would have been the equivalent of Cochrane flipping last season -- they're numbers 4 & 5 with Kim, and likely 4 & 5 with Leif and Tarzan. Except you never want to be in alliance with Tarzan because he's the same kind of player as Shambo and Sugar -- you have no idea what they're going to do and their moods are so fickle it's like making an alliance with a wild animal.

They're much better off in the woman's alliance, waiting to flip a couple of girls later on to knock off Kim than be in an unstable alliance with Tarzan.

And Kat was thrilled to find bacon in her BLT. This has got to be an act, right? No one is that stupid, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3918165
Christina blew the auction challenge for sure, but her body's been looking pretty sweet, enjoyed the quick camera fly-over when she was voting at Tribal Council.
And Troy-zan almost fumbled it as well! At any point, the first person to yell "$500!" would win the prize. And yet they were both haggling to get the lowest price possible. I was flabbergasted. Judging by Tarzan's remarks, they got to keep any unspent money. What I don't understand is why a plastic surgeon waited to get $500 on Survivor before deciding to get his car repaired. Either he's pathologically cheap or he lost his license to practice.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3918186
I was very critical of Christina and Alicia's inaction towards flipping last night, but I've since changed my mind.

That flip would have been the equivalent of Cochrane flipping last season -- they're numbers 4 & 5 with Kim, and likely 4 & 5 with Leif and Tarzan. Except you never want to be in alliance with Tarzan because he's the same kind of player as Shambo and Sugar -- you have no idea what they're going to do and their moods are so fickle it's like making an alliance with a wild animal.

They're much better off in the woman's alliance, waiting to flip a couple of girls later on to knock off Kim than be in an unstable alliance with Tarzan.

And Kat was thrilled to find bacon in her BLT. This has got to be an act, right? No one is that stupid, no?

And Troy-zan almost fumbled it as well! At any point, the first person to yell "$500!" would win the prize. And yet they were both haggling to get the lowest price possible. I was flabbergasted. Judging by Tarzan's remarks, they got to keep any unspent money. What I don't understand is why a plastic surgeon waited to get $500 on Survivor before deciding to get his car repaired. Either he's pathologically cheap or he lost his license to practice.

Well, there are always plastic surgeons who use Tire Sealant..
http://boingboing.net/2011/11/21/fake-plastic-surgeon-enhance.html

Look, I know a lot of people diss Christina.. but again, what did she really have to buy it for? She was never at a risk of being eliminated, so spending all the money for that advantage would only really be to block one of the guys. And an "advantage" isn't the same as a win, I don't know how much I would have bid for her either. The person who bought the protein shake was the smartest.. and one of the best values... well, the Shower & Toothbrush was a great value.. loved they had her drop the clothes and shower right there while the auction went on ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I was on the edge of my seat last evening during the vote.

When it came down to Troyzan and Christina, I was hoping
to all heck that Christina would be voted out. Alas, it was
not to be.

The season has turned out far better than I initially thought
it would be. It's going to get even more interesting when it
gets down to the final 6 women and they start voting
themselves out.

One last note I would like to make....

It bothers me somewhat about the comments Alicia made.
Now, we all know Alicia has no class whatsoever. It's
rather surprising given the fact that she is a teacher. One
would think there should be some sort of higher regard for
one's morals when it comes to being in that position.

I say this because her comments about how she treats
Christina like her "Special Ed" students rubbed me the wrong
way. It shouldn't have been said. Something tells me she
may not have a job to go back to when she returns home.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Mark,

There was no idol in his pocket.

He faked finding one and putting it there.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wonder being in a state of hunger and discomfort makes people say un-PC things at times. Then again, I'm not really disagreeing with Alicia's assessment of Christina's gameplay because Christina just doesn't seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3920192
It bothers me somewhat about the comments Alicia made.
Now, we all know Alicia has no class whatsoever. It's
rather surprising given the fact that she is a teacher. One
would think there should be some sort of higher regard for
one's morals when it comes to being in that position.

I say this because her comments about how she treats
Christina like her "Special Ed" students rubbed me the wrong
way. It shouldn't have been said. Something tells me she
may not have a job to go back to when she returns home.
I agree Ron. Between her bullying earlier in the show and this comment, I would expect she'll encounter some professional backlash. As a parent, I'd be appalled if she was one of my kids teachers. Special ed, or otherwise.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MarkMel /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3920225
Ah, I thought he found one. Now I remember. He even fooled me - lol
He played it a couple of weeks back then pretended to find another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks