What's new

Survivor : One World (season 24) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. You gotta be happy about the elimination this week.

...but I was concerned.

Survivor is notorious for manipulation -- making one believe
that a particular person is going to be voted off and then it
ends up being someone else. This week's entire show was
about voting Kat off the island and I was fearing that we were
being misdirected.

However, there is something to be said about winning a
challenge and not strategically picking the right people.
There is also something to be said about not being too bright.

I had to laugh at one point when Kat confessed early on
that she would be in the top 3.

As much as I dislike Alicia, I think this week's vote was
the absolute best direction to go in. It was very nice to
see Tarzan still in the game despite the fact that the men
were seemingly being picked off one-by-one.

The strongest women have remained. This is their game
for certain. It is my hope that either Sabrina or Kim wins
it all.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hugh Jackes /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/120#post_3922353
A pretty thing, but, man is she shallow, dumb, and immature.

Completely, Hugh.

And like Phil pointed out above (and Kat herself pointed out over and over again)...that's all okay because she's "only 22."

Apparently she has no concept about being responsible for one's own actions.

=============
Whose pink tank top was Tarzan wearing in the tease for next week?!?

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Jackes said:
She did not look like she was having fun or was excited.
A pretty thing, but, man is she shallow, dumb, and immature.
And that scene she made with her cousin when she was talking in dolphin, what was that? Dropped down my list some after that. lol

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
MarkMel said:
And that scene she made with her cousin when she was talking in dolphin, what was that? Dropped down my list some after that. lol
Did anyone else think her 'relationship' with her cousin was a bit 'weird'... they seem like they are very, 'very close'....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Quote:
Did anyone else think her 'relationship' with her cousin was a bit 'weird'... they seem like they are very, 'very close'...

Phil, that certainly ran through my mind, but it's
the kind of thing you think twice about suggesting
openly.

...but now that the Kat is out of the bag....

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Great ep this week and the last few as well. Just goes to show that Survivor is a great concept when left to its basic elements. Start with two tribes, find out which is stronger and then watch as it turns into an individual game and the stronger tribe is forced to turn on each other. The show does not need all star or celebrity seasons or manipulations in the game play like exile island or redemption island. Even with a lackluster (and sometimes ugly - Colton and Alicia, I'm looking at you!) group of contestants, the basic game is intriguing and good entertainment. As a viewer, you can be dissatisfied with the contestants' play, actions or statements, but it's hard to be dissatisfied with the show if the producers leave the essence intact.
I feel sorry for Kat. I look back on myself at 22 and I'd hate to have the world know about some of the decisions i made or things I said.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This is slowly changing into one of my least favorite seasons. My only hope is Sabrina steps it up, I do like her and she could pull it off.
As for the others, this seems like the Kim and Chelsea show and everyone is afraid to fight back. Tough immunity challenge, but Kim got into the yoga, I'm calm and concentrating vibe, and didn't stress out, that's why she won.
Hopefully immunity gets spread around a bit more in the last few episodes and some unexpected eliminations occur. I like Christina, but she just looks lost and defnitely not part of the clique.
Plenty sad about Kat, but she made some major political mistakes, time to go. It was instant suicide when she chose who to accompany her on the reward challenge, pissed off pretty much everybody in the tribe. Made a terrible mistake taking Kim and Alicia, and to do what, pick their brains for strategy? Big backfire and really ticked off the people she should have taken.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Stan /t/318551/survivor-one-world-season-24/150#post_3922849
This is slowly changing into one of my least favorite seasons.

I was out on this after the men went to tribal after winning immunity. Never been happier about a TV watching decision...which is weird as I have been a hard core survivor fan since the beginning

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'll watch the finale on Sunday, hoping that Sabrina wins.
If not it will just be one of those crabby bitches that makes it to the end. I guess I've always voted for the nicer people to win and even being nasty, sneaky backstabbers, they're obvsiously out to win, but they do it with a little dignity, respect to the other players and do their evil deeds behind the scenes.
These women are just plain nasty, rude and have made the show bascially unwatchable.
I would love for Sabrina to pull it off and . I also wouldn't mind the semi-oriental looking woman winning (not politically correct, but I can't remember her name).
Anybody, even Tarzan. Hopefully during the question/answer period they'll blow it with their arrogance and "I'm so wonderful" attitude.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There is no joy in winning a reward.

For whomever you pick to join you, there will always
be angry teammates left behind and your ass goes up
on the chopping block.

Poor Chelsea.

Fortunately for her, Tarzan is a guy and it was
inevitable that the game come down to the final 5
women.

At this point I believe the game belongs to Kim or
Sabrina. If I had my pick, it would be Sabrina. She
seems to have been the most intelligently cool of the
bunch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Unless Sabrina wins immunity at final 4, I don't think she'll get a chance to face the jury.
And if Chelsea wins immunity at final 5, and Kim plays the idol, then Sabrina's in better shape (to join up and boot out Alicia or Christina). But if Chelsea doesn't have immunity, then she's at-risk unless Kim stands her ground and votes with Chelsea to boot out Alicia or Christina (depending on which doesn't have immunity). The best case for Kim is for Chelsea to win immunity so she doesn't have to chance giving Chelsea her HII if Kim wins immunity (and making enemies on the jury).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Man, this season is really boring. The central problem is that Kim is running the show yet Kim is completely boring. Boring gameplay, boring to listen to, and boring to look at. It's kind of like the Rob vs Russell season or Cook Islands where it's clear that one person is controlling the outcome, but Rob and Yul are much more interesting than Kim. The rest of the tribe just follows along and players like Alicia and Christina are infuriating in their inertia.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Hanson said:
Man, this season is really boring. The central problem is that Kim is running the show yet Kim is completely boring. Boring gameplay, boring to listen to, and boring to look at.  It's kind of like the Rob vs Russell season or Cook Islands where it's clear that one person is controlling the outcome, but Rob and Yul are much more interesting than Kim. The rest of the tribe just follows along and players like Alicia and Christina are infuriating in their inertia.
Boring to look at????

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Heh. Kim's got pretty blue eyes, and nice 'tasche going on there, but very tall, angular body type. Christina's still looking pretty nice, bod-wise, not totally devoid of body fat yet, though Chelsea's losing more body fat, looking really lean now.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Kim looks like an ironing board with limbs. And a boring one at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks