Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

AV receiver

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 JMOP

JMOP

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 06:59 AM

Hi all, Looking for a quality AV receiver to power 7:1 home theater and to 5 rooms and outdoor speakers. Want something that will not break bank and easy to use. It was also suggested due the number of speakers will need to use a multi-channel amp or selector. Appreciate any recommendations. THANKS!

#2 of 3 20s2k03

20s2k03

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hey JP! I am kind of new to real home audio but I am working on my finishing up my first set up. I am using an Onkyo TX-SR608 which is a 7.2 receiver and has the multi-zone capabilities that you are talking about. From my experience, it is a great receiver and you can get it factory refurbished from ac4l.com for only $270. I am sure others will chime in and give you the 2 cents of an expert, but wanted to let you know about the direction I took! Good luck!

#3 of 3 JMOP

JMOP

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 03:47 AM

Just want to add that my budget is $500-$800, looking for good sound( i am not a gamer). Also looking to have HDMIs,ethernet,3d pass through..airplay. Lastleach room is wired with 2 speakers and volume control with 14 gauge. TV's surround: Bose on center two sides and two in celing Speaker spec's: 6.5" polypropylene 1" silk dome tweeter Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users