AV receiver

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by JMOP, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JMOP

JMOP Auditioning

Hi all, Looking for a quality AV receiver to power 7:1 home theater and to 5 rooms and outdoor speakers. Want something that will not break bank and easy to use. It was also suggested due the number of speakers will need to use a multi-channel amp or selector. Appreciate any recommendations. THANKS!

2. 20s2k03

20s2k03 Extra

Hey JP! I am kind of new to real home audio but I am working on my finishing up my first set up. I am using an Onkyo TX-SR608 which is a 7.2 receiver and has the multi-zone capabilities that you are talking about. From my experience, it is a great receiver and you can get it factory refurbished from ac4l.com for only $270. I am sure others will chime in and give you the 2 cents of an expert, but wanted to let you know about the direction I took! Good luck!

3. JMOP

JMOP Auditioning

Just want to add that my budget is $500-$800, looking for good sound( i am not a gamer). Also looking to have HDMIs,ethernet,3d pass through..airplay. Lastleach room is wired with 2 speakers and volume control with 14 gauge. TV's surround: Bose on center two sides and two in celing Speaker spec's: 6.5" polypropylene 1" silk dome tweeter Power handling: 75 watts RMS, 90 watts program Frequency response: 70 Hz - 20 kHz