What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-15-2011 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks for the roundup Mike and congratulations to not only you, your wife and Kelly for getting fit, but for writing about it. Its getting some great reviews on Amazon too, all *****.

Slow week for me this week. I'm interested in Dragons since I really enjoyed How To Train Your Dragon.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Since I can seemingly never own enough versions of either Metropolis or Evil Dead 2, those are both on pre-order. May blind-buy the Three Colors trilogy and Rules of the Game from the B&N sale also. For anyone who might be interested: Fry's has the Tom Cruise Blu-Ray collection advertised for $19.99 Thanks as always for the round-up!

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, congratulations to your wife (and your dog) on the book, Mike! And thank you for this week's round-up. Definitely will be picking up My Fair Lady but still unsure of West Side Story.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Congrats on the book! In spite of the very lackluster reviews here for the "West Side Story" and "My Fair Lady" BDs I've just *got* to pick up both. They'll still be better than the DVDs, and replacement discs are already promised by the studio for the latter. The "Farscape" BD release intrigues me. I haven't purchased any Farscape since the Starburst Editions and if nothing else this will be a great way to save some shelf space. Plus my Panny blu-ray player balks on a few seconds of one of the DVD-18s from the third set of Season One. I'll probably have to eventually pick this up.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy
Lots of Harry Potter on sale at BB this week: Deathly Hallows Part 2: $17.99 DVD, $22.99 Blu Combo Pack, $24.99 3-D Blu Combo Pack Deathly Hallows Part 1: $24.99 3-D Blu Combo Pack Eight Film Collection: $49.99 DVD, $79.99 Blu-ray The first seven films: $4.99 DVD, $7.99 Blu-ray
Hey Mike, When looking at the Best Buy add online for me the first seven Harry Potter films on Blu-Ray showed as $9.99 for me. Just thought I would see if your's is showing different or if it was just a typo. Thanks on working on all the prices and links! Thanks, Jeremy

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike, and congratulate Peggy on her new book! Looks like a fun read.

I'll have the review for Three Colors trilogy up later today. I'm working on Red this afternoon.

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
I wish you great success with the book. As a woman who wants to look her best after the holidays (the pounds start to add up Thanksgiving to New Years!) I will be purchasing this book along with West Side Story and My Fair Lady.

Have a great week everyone!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus

Congrats on the book!
In spite of the very lackluster reviews here for the "West Side Story" and "My Fair Lady" BDs I've just *got* to pick up both. They'll still be better than the DVDs, and replacement discs are already promised by the studio for the latter.

i have been reading that thread, where does it say that CBS/Paramount are planning a disc replacement?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Not a roundup title, but Amazon's gold box item today is Firefly: The Complete Series. The Blu-ray is on sale for $18.99 and the DVD is on sale for $14.99
ir
. An outstanding price for an outstanding series and worth a blind buy if you haven't seen it before.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by dana martin

Originally Posted by Joseph Bolus [url=/t/316143/weekly-roundup-11-15-2011#post_3869948]

Congrats on the book!
In spite of the very lackluster reviews here for the "West Side Story" and "My Fair Lady" BDs I've just *got* to pick up both. They'll still be better than the DVDs, and replacement discs are already promised by the studio for the latter.

i have been reading that thread, where does it say that CBS/Paramount are planning a disc replacement?

Joseph is referring to West Side Story. They are going to be fixing most of the problems for the second pressing. I haven't heard if there will be a trade in program.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
adam and mike thank you both, i get something for me, WSS and my wife is going to love that book as a Christmas present,

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Not a roundup title, but Amazon's gold box item today is Firefly: The Complete Series. The Blu-ray is on sale for [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=hometheaterforum-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FFirefly-Complete-Blu-ray-Nathan-Fillion%2Fdp%2FB001EN71CW%2F]$18.99 and the DVD is on sale for $14.99
ir
. An outstanding price for an outstanding series and worth a blind buy if you haven't seen it before.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Adam. I've been wanting to upgrade to the Blu, but never seem to catch it when it's on sale. Thanks to you, I finally have. And, thanks to you too, Mike for the continued great work on the RoundUp!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks