What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-15-2011 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just be aware this new Dragons title (Gift of the Night Fury) is not a full-length feature. IMDB says it's only 22 minutes. Just a quick cash grab for the holidays, I think, and it may appear on network TV at some point in the near future. And Book of Dragons sounds more like a bonus feature, not an actual film/short. I'm not sure why it warrants its own separate DVD. Supposedly there will be a true theatrical Dragons sequel in the future.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Picked up the final Harry Potter over the weekend. Looking forward to getting Giorgio Moroder's Metropolis (this was the first version I saw) and trying to decide whether I need blu-ray Farscape! Btw, Mike, it was great seeing you, Peg and Kelly at the big book signing. Congrats again and thanks for letting me be a small part of it. And the best thing... I got my own autographed copy!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ric Easton

If Target is going to be one of the major DVD/Blu-ray software retailers, they really need to figure out better security systems to protect their stock and still keep their customers happy.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
2.)  They had several copies of WSS...but each and every one had the "spider" security device attached to it.  And each and every copy had damage because of it.
According to what I've heard, that's on there to protect kids from all the objectionable content in that movie. Well, I guess there are gang fights in West Side Story. :)

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Adam Gregorich said:
For those of you near a Fred Meyer, they are advertising the Dragons DVD+BD Combo set for $12.99.  Amazon has lowered their price to $16.99, so its the best deal out there by far if you are interested in the title.
Yes there is a Fred Meyer near me so I will be checking this out tonight. Thanks!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Malcolm R said:
Just be aware this new Dragons title (Gift of the Night Fury) is not a full-length feature. IMDB says it's only 22 minutes. Just a quick cash grab for the holidays, I think, and it may appear on network TV at some point in the near future. And Book of Dragons sounds more like a bonus feature, not an actual film/short. I'm not sure why it warrants its own separate DVD. Supposedly there will be a true theatrical Dragons sequel in the future.
I believe they're working on a theatrical sequel as well as a TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread