What's new

CSI: Las Vegas season 12 thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting finale tonight for this series as it gets on in years. I like how they are bringing back past storylines and characters. They've really been ramping up the action and sensationalism! And they may have generated interest back to the series for the new season. It sure was rolling along quietly this season after Catherine left.
The killer: did anyone else thnk it was Sqegle? Or whatever his name was?
I think it was cool they brought back Warrick's killer McKeen and that he's controlling things behind bars. I didn't think he was going to go as far as kidnap Russel's granddaughter. Though the way it was directed, you knew they were setting up the audience for something big to happen. I was expecting someone to get shot. I was hoping it wasn't going to be Hodges or his mother. So I wasn't surprised it was Eckley. I bet he survives. You can't kill him!
And I was worried that Finlay was going to get hit too. Good thing she went to the lady's room. I think she saw it coming.
So is Nick really quiting? Not sure that's something I believe yet. If the following season is the last, they sure are going out with a lot of changes to the cast, if Nick is out.
And I wonder if Grissom will come back for an episode or not. Perhaps for the trial of McKeen next season.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Nelson Au said:
So is Nick really quiting? Not sure that's something I believe yet. If the following season is the last, they sure are going out with a lot of changes to the cast, if Nick is out.
Last week I read that he had signed up for season 13.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I figured it was a dramatic moment. I didn't think George Eads would quit the show. It will be interesting if Nick really quits the CSI lab. Or they sort out the corruption.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show's cast is almost 75% retooled, and there seems to be plenty of life left in this show.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I missed the final episode when Catherine left and joined back in a little later after Elizabeth Shue joined the cast.
So far I'm enjoying it. Kind of like ER, it's good to bring in new characters after a while.
Now switch over to CSI Miami and I stopped watching that years ago. Absolutely can't stand David Caruso so it ruins the entire show for me.
Luckily the original CSI never had that problem, all very likeable characters. Other than the Lawrence Fishburne era, didn't particularly care for that, but Ted Danson is great, fits right in.
Missed the last episode. Is Nick really leaving the show? Being an ensemble show as it is, he's easily replaceable, but have always liked him. I'd actually like them to give more on screen time to Wallace Langham, he's got a great personality and nice to see him out of his comfort zone a little more often.
With a cast that can always change, as long as they keep up decent story lines and good writing, this could turn into a soap opera and run for decades.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Stan, you should see the finale so you'll understand why I wrote what I wrote about Nick. Sorry to spoil it for you. More spoilers below.
I don't know if the writers were deliberately doing a Cheers and then Frasier gag where we always hear about Norms wife Vera and then on Fraiser, Nile's wife Maris, but we never see them. So here for Dansen's character of Russell, we always see him talking to his wife on the phone. but we never see her. So I was surprised a little that she appears here on CSI's season finale played by Peri Gilpin of Frasier fame!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Stan, you should see the finale so you'll understand why I wrote what I wrote about Nick. Sorry to spoil it for you. More spoilers below.
I don't know if the writers were deliberately doing a Cheers and then Frasier gag where we always hear about Norms wife Vera and then on Fraiser, Nile's wife Maris, but we never see them. So here for Dansen's character of Russell, we always see him talking to his wife on the phone. but we never see her. So I was surprised a little that she appears here on CSI's season finale played by Peri Gilpin of Frasier fame!
No spoiler warnings necessary. So many of these shows kind of blend together in your mind you don't even notice some things. Peri Gilpin was fun to watch, never noticed until you mentioned it that they never showed Danson's wife. They show his son a lot, but never noticed not seeing his mom. Didn't spoil anything for me and I always enjoy your posts.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Well, just finished up watching this season.

Interesting to see Enrique Murciano from Without a Trace in a few episodes here, but not as Danny Taylor, considering the two had a crossover a few seasons back.

This season adding 3 new characters in 1 season. And the addition of Elizabeth Shue (who I have not seen since her appearances in a bunch of 80's movies), feels more like Laurence Fishburne addition than Ted Danson, basically a square peg in a round hole. Maybe she will grow on me in the next season.

Did not expect to see Eckley carry a gun or even shoot somebody. I always thought of him as someone who prefers the comforts of a desk job, until this season, when it seems like he has been more in the field.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoy this show, being the original, the spin-offs are almost always going to be s step below.
Enjoy CSI-New York, but cannot stand CSI-Miami, really sad that one person (David Caruso) can ruin an entire series.
Finally repeating Catherine's departure this week, looking forward to it. One thing to read about it (thanks Walter) but glad that I'll finally be able to see the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks