What's new

In wall/ ceiling speakers (1 Viewer)

spphoenix

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Hello all,

I am looking to install 2 in wall speakers and 4 in ceiling speakers in my house, along with a center. I was looking at polk's lci and tci series (80's for the ceiling, 265's for the wall), and the CSi5 for the center. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm going to notice a significant difference between the two, and if you had any other suggestions for speakers I should be looking at? Thanks.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Hi Steven

If you have the option, do not use in-ceiling for anything other than background music (like in the supermarket). I would suggest the same for in-walls (although they can sound good with proper planning and installation).

If you do not have the option, I understand. We all make comprises. I just wanted to make you aware of this one.

spphoenix

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven
Yeah, I have heard that, quite a bit. No, due to the room if I didanything other than in wall in ceiling it would be a little uneven. That's why I'm wondering if I would still be happy with these?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
In run in-ceilings in my bedroom system and they sound great as surround speakers to me in that installation. My bedroom system is pretty modest though. Love the look.

Originally Posted by spphoenix

Hello all,

I am looking to install 2 in wall speakers and 4 in ceiling speakers in my house, along with a center. I was looking at polk's lci and tci series (80's for the ceiling, 265's for the wall), and the CSi5 for the center. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if I'm going to notice a significant difference between the two, and if you had any other suggestions for speakers I should be looking at? Thanks.
well spphoenix i think you had made a right choice for installing wall speaker.. i have been using polk-audio-am1055 they just work and sound well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks