What's new

Toy Story 3 Free Movie Tix? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So I've got both TS1&2 on blu and just went thru the process to print my movie tickets. They put you through some hoops. One thing that was different is that you have to select the theater you are going to use and having done that, can't change your mind.

I then printed the tix and there is no mention of the theater I selected. There is an address of Incline Way, Incline Village, NV. That is in Lake Tahoe and I'm in Arkansas. Am I correct in assuming that is just the address of the company doing the data processing for promotion or something to that effect?

Edit: Just found on the website that the address is for Hollywood Movie Money. Hmmm. A nice address, I wouldn't mind working there if I could afford it.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, I don't know why they make you select a movie theater. The ticket is essentially a prepaid Discover credit card good for up to $8.50, so you should be able to use it at almost any theater if you don't end up going to the one you selected. If you want to confirm the theaters that will accept the ticket, you can visit Hollywood Movie Money's website and enter the promo code on the ticket to see which theaters are available in your area.

Purchased 2 tickets with them this past Saturday to see the film in 3D; had to pay the difference, but $2.25 to see the movie sure sounds better than $10.75 without the free tix. Oh, and by the way, I did use them at a different theater than the one I had originally selected.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have these, too, and wondered if they would be honored for 3D shows (paying the difference, of course). Most theaters around here seem to have been pretty militant about not allowing any passes or discounts for 3D shows. I wondered if they'd reject these movie money certificates, too.

Though I guess if they did, you could mail in your ticket stub and HMM would reimburse you.

I think the whole "choosing a theater" is just a type of marketing survey to see where their customers are located, or what theaters they usually attend.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I have these, too, and wondered if they would be honored for 3D shows (paying the difference, of course). Most theaters around here seem to have been pretty militant about not allowing any passes or discounts for 3D shows. I wondered if they'd reject these movie money certificates, too.

If that were to happen to me, I would file complaints with Disney and Hollywood Money. The process of printing out the tickets gives an explicit approval of the chosen theater and no mention is made of any exclusions.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Outside of a clerk that doesn't know what he's doing, there's no reason that they wouldn't let you use the free tickets and pay the difference. The ticket is more or less an $8.50 check that the theater turns into the studio and gets the money for it. The theater gets all their money in the end so they shouldn't care at all.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I found there were theatres listed for my area that have been closed for well over a year.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
My wife and I used ours for the 3D show and all we had to do was pay the difference, which ended up being $3 total.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This thread has me extremely pissed at myself.

I completely forgot about these ticket coupons...and went and saw TS3 in 3D (three tickets @ $12 per ticket) over the weekend!

I guess I could go back again...or offer them to someone else in my family.

I'm assuming they are still printable at this date?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

The one I printed out has an expiration date of 8/31, so they seem to be good all summer.

Be aware that you have to enter a specific person's name, which is then printed on the coupon. So you'll have to determine who is going to use them before you print them out, as I don't know if they'd be accepted if presented by a different person from the name printed. I assume the theaters must check ID to make sure the same person is using the coupon?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt

*laugh* I just printed mine tonight. The website seems to be a whole lot of hoops to jump through though. I'm wondering how much spam I'm going to get out of that. I gave them a throwaway email address.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Here is a question...

I purchased both Blu-ray discs when they came out (actually my daughter did it for me since I am out of the country) using the slew of Disney coupons discussed elsewhere on the Forum. At the time she bought them, my daughter grabbed the DVD packaging instead of the Blu-ray versions. I asked her to exchange them for the Blu-ray packaging (since they were unopened) and she finally got around to doing it a couple of weeks ago. When I Skyped with her the other day, she said that there is no sticker on the outer packaging promoting a free movie ticket (like the DVD packaging version). So, my question is, (since she has still not removed the shrinkwrap) can she go online and print tickets or does she need a voucher number from inside the case (which may not be there since there is no outer sticker) to access the ticket site?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by pitchman
So, my question is, (since she has still not removed the shrinkwrap) can she go online and print tickets or does she need a voucher number from inside the case (which may not be there since there is no outer sticker) to access the ticket site?

There's a number inside the case that you have to enter. Were there tickets in the DVD versions?

I don't know about anyone else but yesterday, I tried to redeem my two tickets and I was only allowed to redeem one ticket under my account. Sure, I bought two movies and got two individual codes but I'm not allowed to get two tickets. Of course, I'll remedy that by opening a new account under a different name. Bite me, Disney.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by TravisR

There's a number inside the case that you have to enter. Were there tickets in the DVD versions?

I don't know about anyone else but yesterday, I tried to redeem my two tickets and I was only allowed to redeem one ticket under my account. Sure, I bought two movies and got two individual codes but I'm not allowed to get two tickets. Of course, I'll remedy that by opening a new account under a different name. Bite me, Disney.
I have the DVD packaging and the required number was on the inside of each movie. I was able to get two tickets from my one Disney account.

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason

Oooo, sorry to hear that, Mike, but I'm sure TS3 is worthy of a second viewing.

As has already been mentioned, you should be able to still redeem this ticket offer. As I had heard of people having issues when they redeemed the tickets, I played it safe and went through the whole process for each ticket separately instead of entering both codes at once and then printing my tickets.

Step 1: log onto Disney Movie Rewards

Step 2: enter your code number found inside your Toy Story Blu-ray or DVD case

Step 3: you should get a banner declaring you have a free ticket to redeem after entering your code; click this banner to redeem your ticket

Step 4: you should receive a confirmation page for your free ticket with a new code to be entered on another website; the confirmation page should also have a link to this other website; print this page or write down the code just in case the page closes/shuts down for some reason

Step 5: click on this new link to take you to the other website where you will enter the new code you have received

Step 6: go through a few steps on this website until you get your ticket to be printed; it will ask you to choose a specific theater to see the show at, but I have found when redeeming the ticket that you are not required to see it at the theater you chose

Step 7: after printing this 1st ticket, go back & repeat these steps to redeem your ticket for purchasing Toy Story 2

Hope this is helpful to you and anyone else that still needs to redeem their free tickets (well, they're good for up to $8.50, so it may or may not be "free" depending on your ticket price at the theater; you may have to pay a difference)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks