Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mitsubishi 65" WD-65837 and more importantly what to sit it on.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Tom Boucher

Tom Boucher

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted May 06 2010 - 11:29 PM

My 8 year old 57" Sony Projection TV has finally failed.   Seeing that it's eight years old, and I can't do much around 1080p on it I figured instead of finding a place that would fix it time to spend some money on a new one.

I have settled on the WD-65837 based on what I could find in my budget & size constraints.   I don't have huge size constraints and I want the most bang for the buck and DLPs seem to be the best.  I'm open to any other models to consider but this one had the most inputs etc that I could find <$2K that fit the 57 - 65" range.

My bigger problem is for the last eight years my 57" has it's own built in stand being the way CRT projectors were made.   I've tried some basic google searches but was wondering if you could help out by tossing me some brand names.

Ideally I'd like to have one that can hold my preamp/amp, ps3, directv dvr, and then a spot to put the center chanel.   The stand from mitsubishi looks kinda cheap so wanted something nice.

My DVD Collection

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,362 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted May 07 2010 - 12:47 AM

lots of choices.
try walmart, sams club, furniture stores, etc etc.
Make sure you consider center channel speaker placement when making your choice.

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Tom Boucher

Tom Boucher

Second Unit

• 283 posts

Posted May 07 2010 - 01:07 AM

yeah i'm stuck in a hotel about 3000 miles from home over the weekend, so most of my research will be online for a bit :)

My DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users